PC runs bad when transferring files over lan

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Hello,

Recently I have been having issues with my pc when transferring files over lan. My PC has a samsung EVO 850 and I am sending over files to my media server which I am sending to my 10TB WD Gold drive so speed shouldn't be an issue on my PC. My PC will lock up kind of like a lock up if a atapi device is spinning up. I cant move the mouse nothing works then it will unlock and lock over and over till the file transfer finishes. I looked at the task manager and the network is only using 648 mbps I ran a benchmark and I see the disk using 400+ MB/s with a score of 2000+ MB/s and nothing in the task manager is really being stressed so I don't understand why the PC locks up during this process. If anyone can point me in the correct troubleshooting direction I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Windows 10 Pro
I7-4790k
32 GB Ram
GTX 1070TI

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Thanks for the tip the app didn't really show what was causing it just said my wlan adapter was causing issues. I ended up killing every process and it was kaspersky causing it. Not sure why though this is a new issue.