Pc runs slow and unresponsive at times.

Jul 5, 2018
My laptop runs so slow, it takes minutes for it to boot, restart and shutdown. When it starts the laptop freezes and all i see is my cursor turning and turning until it responds after a minute or two. Starting programs are also a problem, some load for too long, some doesnt even start. I have projects to finish but now i cant even start.

Solution

Hello again

That depends on the size of the drive, how much data does it have, and how much defragmentation does it require. The process may take from a few seconds to several hours to complete.

This is something that can't be assumed as everyone has different type of data, and varied frequency of deleting or saving it.

Cheers!!
Hello horizontalsnipe

Please try scanning your PC for any viruses or malware. You can use any free or paid antivirus program to do so.

Also, please try Defragmenting the C: Drive and see if that helps.

If you're unable to boot normally at all, please try Booting In Safe Mode and initiate defragmentation from there.

If the PC is still slow, please try running any free Windows optimization tool such as Ccleaner or Ashampoo WinOptimizer.

Hope this helps

Cheers!!

Hello again

That depends on the size of the drive, how much data does it have, and how much defragmentation does it require. The process may take from a few seconds to several hours to complete.

This is something that can't be assumed as everyone has different type of data, and varied frequency of deleting or saving it.

Cheers!!

Solution