[SOLVED] Pc screen fading to white and shutting off without warning

fogolol098

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
First of all these are the specs (model Acer Aspire 5740 G 4 GB Ram I5, AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 version running windows 10) So my laptop has been running into an issue i've never seen before and searching online has lead me nowhere, while i'm using it, the screen randomly fades into pink then into white and after that the computer shuts off completely. It sometimes also happens while booting up. I've been testing and it doesnt matter wether or not if i am pushing the computer as it does also happen when it's idling. Also checked the temperatures and they are never over 60ºC even during load. I can sometimes play GTA V for an entire evening and other times it crashes as i'm watching a youtube video.
I've tried reinstalling drivers and cleaning the pc, scanning for errors (some were found and fixed) and even tried reseating the rams and SSD. Those tries didn't help so right now i suspect my graphics card is going bad.
Does anyone know what's happening and if it's fixable without having to replace the entire unit?
Here's a video of it happening on startup.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkSTZYw0FVI

Last edited:
Solution
That sure sounds like the GPU is failing to me. I looked up the hardware and unfortunately for you that GPU is soldiered to the board. Nothing you can do for it.

fogolol098

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
That sure sounds like the GPU is failing to me. I looked up the hardware and unfortunately for you that GPU is soldiered to the board. Nothing you can do for it.
Yes unfortunately that is what i was suspecting, i will wait for more people to reply before choosing this as best answer since you never really know. Thank you for your time On another note, if the gpu truly is failing, is there a way for me to use the integrated graphics instead?