Question Pc screen goes black and i have to restart .

Aug 1, 2022
My previous build was a i9 9900k 16 gb ram 3090. I had this problem for a while and then eventually i just upgraded to a 12900k 32 gb ram and a 6900xt ( in the first built i thought the graphics card was the problem and i returned it. Keep in mind all this time i changed my psu 3 times. From a 850w to another 850 w and eventually to 1kw . My last pc was a bit overclocked, i eventually removed the oc and the same problem would pop up. With my new pc litereally everything but the drives have been changed. Cpu gpu ram psu etc.. even case. I did add a new drive that has windows installed on it + the games that crash. The crashes are extremely random i can go days without any and then eventually 20 in a single day. The temperatures does not ever go above 65C on cpu/gpu my ambiet room temp is 18. The game in question is apex and super people but i have seen crashes in other triple a titles. Ive checked loose cables. Today has been one of these days with 20 crashes. I am losing my mind. Any ideas what can be causing this? Forgot to mention that my old pc i gave to my gf with the exception of drives/ gpu and she never crashes.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

mentioning both old and new specs to your build.

With my new pc litereally everything but the drives have been changed.
You're advised to reinstall the OS after you've recreated your bootable installer when you migrate platforms.

On that note, where did you source the installer for your OS? What OS are you working with?

Reactions: MyWayToPlay
Aug 1, 2022
Old
CPU: 9900k
Motherboard: i think it was the hero xi?
Ram: 16gb ram running at 3600mhz
SSD/HDD: m.2 ssd 500 gb bought in 2015/16 i think (one of the earliest samsung models) a m.2 250gb intel ssd (bought early 2019) and a slow 4tb hdd . My os was on the 250 gb intel ssd, my game on the older ssd and my recordings on ghe hdd
GPU: 2080 ti initially it was working fine for 2 years until it randomly died, i returned it got my money back and bought 3090 that worked well for 6 momths until the black screen started happening ( fans rev up to the max on the 3090) And eventually i returned it.
PSU: 850 w gold power supply
Chassis: i had no case back then i litereally just built my pc on my desk and left it there . ( it worked fine for 3 years
Monitor : i change my monitor very frequntly anything from a curved screen, 4k , 1080 360hz

New pc

CPU: 12900k
Motherboard: 200$ msi board
Ram: 32 gb ram running 5200 i think
SSD/HDD: the same ones from before but also added the samsung 980 i think its called 2tb ( which i now use for os and the games in question.)
GPU: 6900xt
PSU: 1kw corsair
Chassis: now i do have a case from be quiet
Monitor: same deal with the monitors

The os was installed on a different drive and the old drive was wiped.

Aug 1, 2022
Forgot to mention 3 things. The 2080ti was early bwtch which had well known problems and the 3090 came with pins where u would connect the power completely out of place ( i managed to get it to work eventually but i suspect that was the problem and the reason i had to return it in the end) my gf is now using my old pc with a 1060 and a new ssd and it seems not to crash anymore.

Aug 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

mentioning both old and new specs to your build.

With my new pc litereally everything but the drives have been changed.
You're advised to reinstall the OS after you've recreated your bootable installer when you migrate platforms.

On that note, where did you source the installer for your OS? What OS are you working with?
Would u need any more info?

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: 850 w gold power supply
PSU: 1kw corsair

Corsair is the brand of the latter unit, while Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. Makes and models to both the units are necessary.

I did add a new drive that has windows installed on it + the games that crash.
+
The os was installed on a different drive and the old drive was wiped.

Where did you source the installer for the OS?

the games in question
Have you tried reinstalling the games if you've reinstalled the OS?

BIOS version for your current motherboard?

TRENDING THREADS