[SOLVED] PC Screen Randomly goes black and GPU fans turn really low

Sep 21, 2018
So here's my issue, while I'm gaming the screen sometimes randomly goes black and the GPU fans (at 70% during gaming) go back down to 0%). During this, all audio cuts out but the case fans and CPU fan on the pc keep running, as well as the LED's. I really have no clue what this issue could be, if the CPU was thermal throttling (which i doubt it is) it would probably shut the system down completely. So I believe it may be the graphics card but I could be wrong. Any help appreciated.

Solution
sounds like the gpu mate. you can use msi afterburner to measure cpu/gpu temperature during games. this will tell you if something is overheating. anything over 80c on a gpu is too high, same for cpu. if your temps are high, try replacing the thermal paste with grizzly kryonaut or any good quality paste and see if this helps. if it doesnt then you need to replace the part thats overheating. make sure you have at least 2 fans in your case, both pointing the same way or you might have dead spots in your case.

later mate

daylightriot

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
sounds like the gpu mate. you can use msi afterburner to measure cpu/gpu temperature during games. this will tell you if something is overheating. anything over 80c on a gpu is too high, same for cpu. if your temps are high, try replacing the thermal paste with grizzly kryonaut or any good quality paste and see if this helps. if it doesnt then you need to replace the part thats overheating. make sure you have at least 2 fans in your case, both pointing the same way or you might have dead spots in your case.

later mate

Solution