[SOLVED] PC screen shows nothing after I turned on Secure Boot and changed drive from Legacy to UEFI ?

Oct 14, 2021
As the title says, I was looking to upgrade to windows 11 and to do so I needed to enable secure boot. While doing so it said that I needed to change the drives from legacy to UEFI, which I did. I then went to restart it and...nothing. the gpu, cpu fan, system fans all turn on and work fine, but the screen shows nothing ?

I've tried the following:
  • Using a different HDMI cable
  • Resetting CMOS (both the battery and the clr_cmos jumper multiple times)
  • Using a old GPU
  • Unplugging both the m.2 SSD and HDD at the same time and alternating, along with a USB drive plugged in with a bios update file
  • Running the pc without a GPU (I dont think the CPU has integrated graphics)
  • Switching Monitors
Specs:
Mobo - Gigabyte B460M Gaming HD Rev. 1.0
CPU - Intel I5-10400F
RAM - 2x 8gb hyperx DDR4 2666Mhz
PSU - 1x 600W Smart PSU
GPU - 1x Nvidia 1660 gtx
Storage - 1 x M.2 NVME 500Gb SSD & 1 x HDD 1tb

I've spent about 3 hours trying to fix it, going through countless forums. Please help

Solution
Were getting a lot of these people screwing up their PC to try to use W11 when their no reason to switch.

No fix that I have seen and it appears your board does not have dual BIOS so you can't switch to the backup BIOS.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Were getting a lot of these people screwing up their PC to try to use W11 when their no reason to switch.

No fix that I have seen and it appears your board does not have dual BIOS so you can't switch to the backup BIOS.

Solution

babrecht

Commendable
Jan 7, 2019
I mistakenly did the same thing. Pulled the graphics card and restarted and then shut down. Re-inserted card and re-started. Changed Bios and good to go.