Question PC screen turns black and PC restarts

Apr 2, 2019
Good day everyone! I'm not really sure if this is a graphics issue as I've been reading a number of threads that it might be due to failing PSU or other components. Its been a month now since I built my PC I've started playing AC Odyssey around 2 weeks after the PC was built. First few days was fine till it just starts to crash my game (sometimes sound is there sometimes its not) my monitor turns black but my PC is still running. The system then restarts after a min or two and would boot to normal windows. Sometimes it doesn't restart itself and I have to do it myself. Things got worse as Dota 2 as well started crashing following the same process or even if I'm just browsing through google or even if the PC is left to idle. There's even one time when I went to BIOS and the crash happened while I was looking through the settings. Tried to reinstall my graphics driver still doesn't fix it. I've checked the dump through WhoCrashed app and this is what is says: View: https://imgur.com/a/EvtidZX

The crash also happens even though I don't have my amd graphics driver installed and the crash dump analysis changes from atikmpag.sys to dxgkrnl.sys

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
GPU: RX 570
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: 8GB x 2 G.skill Ripjaws
PSU: Cougar VTX 500
SSD: 120GB WD (For OS)
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda (For games)

Solutions I've tried:
  1. Ran malwarebytes to check for virsuses
  2. SFC and DISM commands
  3. TdrDelay / TdrLevel in regedit
  4. Kombuster to check GPU
  5. Cinebench to check CPU
  6. Reinstalled windows 10 from bootable flash drive
  7. Swapped the PCI cable from PSU to GPU
  8. Took out my RAM and installed them again.
  9. Reinstalled graphics driver

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS