JZ113

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
Upgraded my motherboard and cpu 4 weeks ago. While playing games, my pc would have the screen turn black, I lose audio to game immediately and then discord/YouTube 10 seconds later, then the system reboots. (This issue happens maybe once after every 1-2 hours while playing any random games, could be Valorant, Roblox, LOL, CS) The duration also doesn’t seem to matter, could have after 10 minutes or 2 hours. (CPU and GPU temps are around 50c while playing these games )
I have ran heaven benchmark or cinebench for 30 minutes straight and the issue did not occur.

Two weeks ago I fixed this issue by messing with my cables (pushing the 24 pin cable more in) inside the computer and doing random things such as putting ram in and out and it fixed the problem for two weeks.
However, today I took out my cpu put it into another computer for a test, and once I put my cpu back into my pc again and started playing games the issue started occurring again? (I did not change anything except uninstalling and reinstalling the cpu) I was thinking it has to be something with the PSU cables (I used cable sleeved cable extensions) since the issue started occurring again after I took out the cpu the last time and another time when I installed a fan and perhaps the movement of cable causes the issue?

My specs are
Z490 Aorus Master
32GB ram 16gbx2
850W Corsair RMX (Relatively New, 2 months)
This issue did not occur with my old 9900k and Z390 Aorus Pro.
Have asked my local tech repair, and said the issue was unlikely to be the cpu as that would cause the entire system to close down Immediately.

Can’t really find a reason why this issues always happens again when I install things in my system such as fans, or taking out the cpu.
Any suggestions and help would be appreciated, thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Which two slots are the ram sticks populating on the motherboard? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? Did you reinstall the OS after you'd migrated from the old motherboard to the new? If not, that's what you needed to do. As a side note, did you inspect the motherboard's CPU socket for any bent or broken pins?

How are you cooling that proceossor?

JZ113

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
Which two slots are the ram sticks populating on the motherboard? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? Did you reinstall the OS after you'd migrated from the old motherboard to the new? If not, that's what you needed to do. As a side note, did you inspect the motherboard's CPU socket for any bent or broken pins?

How are you cooling that proceossor?
Plugged into ram slots 2 and 4, The BIOS is the latest version, I did not reinstall OS and I did not find any bent or broken pins. I'm cooling the processor with a 360mm aio cooler. I will reinstall the OS while I can, but I'm still not sure why the issue would fix sometimes by messing around with the PC hardware If it's an OS or software issue. I'm thinking maybe the motherboard ram slot connectivity is bad and that causes the issue. I also do have to say that benchmarks show that my SSD and hard drive are very slow so that could potentially also be the reason, although my two nvmes are fine but windows is installed on the SSD and not the nvme. Thanks!

JZ113

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
Plugged into ram slots 2 and 4, The BIOS is the latest version, I did not reinstall OS and I did not find any bent or broken pins. I'm cooling the processor with a 360mm aio cooler. I will reinstall the OS while I can, but I'm still not sure why the issue would fix sometimes by messing around with the PC hardware If it's an OS or software issue. I'm thinking maybe the motherboard ram slot connectivity is bad and that causes the issue. I also do have to say that benchmarks show that my SSD and hard drive are very slow so that could potentially also be the reason, although my two nvmes are fine but windows is installed on the SSD and not the nvme. Thanks!
Update, the computer does not restart. The lighting of fans, motherboard, GPU are still on but the programs seems to shut down one by one. thanks

JZ113

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
In games like Valorant, CS, Lol and even Roblox, this issue would occur maybe once a hour.
Started happening after I upgraded my motherboard and CPU 5 weeks ago, this issue has been occurring on and off for the last 5 weeks. I've fixed this issue three times by randomly touching cables (pushing in psu, sata, etc harder) inside the pc and the issue won't happen for a good 4-5 days, then the issue starts occurring again.

Things I've done.
I've reinstalled windows.
reinstalled GPU drivers, updated BIOS to latest version.
Tested CPU and GPU stress test and the issue hasn't occurred yet.
Test ram through windows ram test, 0 problems detected.
Looked at PSU 12v, 5v, 3.3v. Seems to be 12.2v, 5.0v, 3.29v.
Temperatures are normal for both GPU and CPU in crashes, they are both around 50 degrees.

I'm guessing its between the CPU, motherboard, GPU or power supply. However, this issue did not occur with my old motherboard and CPU so I'm no sure If its the gpu or power supply. I'm also unsure why this issue fixes by touching my computer randomly?

SPECS:
CPU: 11900K, Old cpu was 9900k
MOBO: Z490 Aorus master, old mobo was z390 Aorus pro.
RAM: 2x16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz
GPU: 3070 Aorus Master.
PSU: Corsair RM850X, relative newer PSU (2 months old, no issues in the first month)

Any suggestion and help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

ankur121192

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2015
In games like Valorant, CS, Lol and even Roblox, this issue would occur maybe once a hour.
Started happening after I upgraded my motherboard and CPU 5 weeks ago, this issue has been occurring on and off for the last 5 weeks. I've fixed this issue three times by randomly touching cables (pushing in psu, sata, etc harder) inside the pc and the issue won't happen for a good 4-5 days, then the issue starts occurring again.

Things I've done.
Temperatures are normal for both GPU and CPU in crashes, they are both around 50 degrees.

I'm guessing its between the CPU, motherboard, GPU or power supply. However, this issue did not occur with my old motherboard and CPU so I'm no sure If its the gpu or power supply. I'm also unsure why this issue fixes by touching my computer randomly?

SPECS:
PSU: Corsair RM850X, relative newer PSU (2 months old, no issues in the first month)

Well, you sound someone I know, oh wow I looked in the mirror.

Alright, jokes apart, I was facing a similar issue of no issue during stress testing but restarting during Gaming. And after clean installing OS and trying all things software and some other tweaks, what finally worked for me was getting a UPS that, I guess, helped the PSU handle power demand fluctuations generated during gaming. And it was solved.

While that was my case, I suggest you take a look at my recent post regarding that issue, to see if it sounds like your issue, and then maybe try this when nothing else seems to work!

Mar 27, 2022
Well, you sound someone I know, oh wow I looked in the mirror.

Alright, jokes apart, I was facing a similar issue of no issue during stress testing but restarting during Gaming. And after clean installing OS and trying all things software and some other tweaks, what finally worked for me was getting a UPS that, I guess, helped the PSU handle power demand fluctuations generated during gaming. And it was solved.

While that was my case, I suggest you take a look at my recent post regarding that issue, to see if it sounds like your issue, and then maybe try this when nothing else seems to work!

Things I've done.

SPECS:

did you end up finding a fix for this? im facing a VERY similar issue and was wondering if there is a fix?

JZ113

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
did you end up finding a fix for this? im facing a VERY similar issue and was wondering if there is a fix?
I haven’t been playing games recently so I haven’t fixed the issue. However, I’m almost certain it’s either a motherboard, cpu or power supply issue. I will tell you if I find a fix, thanks!

TRENDING THREADS