Question Pc seemingly randomly Boots up very long and clears CMOS.

AbGe

Reputable
Jun 20, 2019
Hello everybody, I hope you can provide some Insight into my newfound Problem.

I recently changed my Case, since my old one started to break a bit (1 fan had a broken bearing and the others certainly werent in much better shape).
After said change i first had the Issue mentioned in the Title.
The PC proceeded to take very long to boot, not even into windows or the bios really (i could not hear the fancurve spike up for a second like it does normally).
Very long as in 5-10 seconds. It then restartet on its own and booted up fine. I quickly noticed the screaming fans though and found out that the Bios was reset.
It showed me a message with the Title Clear Cmos information and the info text "BIOS has been reset. Please re-config your BIOS setup items if needed".

After that this issue hasnt happened until earlier today. It has been 2 weeks since the first time.
(Maybe helpfull to know but the PC was completely turned off and with no Power for 3 days in those weeks aswell)

I am a bit confused why this is suddenly happening, i never had any issues of this kind before the Case switch.
My current Specs can be seen below (No OC applied to anything below)
CPU: R5 3600X
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 aorus elite (not wifi version)
RAM: Corsair 2x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200MHz
GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB.. (dont judge me okay, i cant afford these high prices for new stuff x.x)
Storage: 500GB Samsung NVME 970 EVO and a 250GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair CX 550W
NEW CASE: Be Quiet Pure Base 500DX

I hope i didnt forget anything important but if so just let me know. Same thing if any of you have some sort of Guess for the rare Startup issues

Lutfij

Titan
Does the issue happen when the innards are breadboarded? If not, then you might not have the standoffs in the right locations in the case or you're having a grounding issue(in the new case) or you simply need to replace the CMOS battery with a fresh cell.

How old is the PSU in your build?

AbGe

Reputable
Jun 20, 2019
Does the issue happen when the innards are breadboarded? If not, then you might not have the standoffs in the right locations in the case or you're having a grounding issue(in the new case) or you simply need to replace the CMOS battery with a fresh cell.

How old is the PSU in your build?
Sorry for my limited English but what exactly do you mean with breadboarded? You mean build outside of the case? If so i dont know, didnt really test that yet.

PSU should be around 2-3 Years old. Unsure when exactly i bought it, but it must have been in the October 2019 - February 2020 range. Same for the Motherboard btw