Lew201

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
Hello - I was wondering if anyone could help?

So I just rebuilt my water cooled system, turned it on and it remained on for a little while and then just suddenly turned off… when I reseat things sometimes it comes up cpu fan error (I just need to go into bios and disable cpu fan as I use a pump) I clicked F1 to go into the bios and the PC just turned off and never came back on

It now seems totally unresponsive, no lights, no attemp to boot, literally nothing. I have checked for leaks and there appears to be none.

I am swaying towards something wrong with PSU because if it was ram or something else I would see the lights on my mobo indicate RAM..

When I plug the 24 pin jumper on, the pump starts… when I unplug the 8 pin cpu a red light comes on l, showing power is making it the motherboard but no CPU, VGA or DRAM lights, just nothing, almost no attempt to boot

I have reseated cpu, checked for water on motherboard, seems dry - I am somewhat confident there has been no leaks but it could have happened without realising, totally lost with this one. I am using the power switch on the motherboard itself to rule out case buttons

Any ideas?

5800X3D
RTX 4090
32GB DDR4 3600mhz
1200W Corsair Platinum PSU

EKWB 4090 block
EK velocity cpu block
360mm XE + 2 X PE rads
EK distroplate

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I clicked F1 to go into the bios and the PC just turned off and never came back on
That would be a sign of a system shutting off due to thermal protection or you had fluid on your parts when they were live(shorting).

Might want to include images of your build as well as full specs to said build, watercooling gear included.

Lew201

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
I clicked F1 to go into the bios and the PC just turned off and never came back on
That would be a sign of a system shutting off due to thermal protection or you had fluid on your parts when they were live(shorting).

Might want to include images of your build as well as full specs to said build, watercooling gear included.

I have added the parts, see if it was thermal protection surely it would have just shut down and then be able to turn back on. Which makes me think it may be a short….

All the parts seemed totally dry - but let’s just say for whatever reason some water did get on, would it be totally fried?

DaleH

Upstanding
Mar 24, 2023
Hello - I was wondering if anyone could help?

So I just rebuilt my water cooled system, turned it on and it remained on for a little while and then just suddenly turned off… when I reseat things sometimes it comes up cpu fan error (I just need to go into bios and disable cpu fan as I use a pump) I clicked F1 to go into the bios and the PC just turned off and never came back on

It now seems totally unresponsive, no lights, no attemp to boot, literally nothing. I have checked for leaks and there appears to be none.

I am swaying towards something wrong with PSU because if it was ram or something else I would see the lights on my mobo indicate RAM..

When I plug the 24 pin jumper on, the pump starts… when I unplug the 8 pin cpu a red light comes on l, showing power is making it the motherboard but no CPU, VGA or DRAM lights, just nothing, almost no attempt to boot

I have reseated cpu, checked for water on motherboard, seems dry - I am somewhat confident there has been no leaks but it could have happened without realising, totally lost with this one. I am using the power switch on the motherboard itself to rule out case buttons

Any ideas?

5800X3D
RTX 4090
32GB DDR4 3600mhz
1200W Corsair Platinum PSU

EKWB 4090 block
EK velocity cpu block
360mm XE + 2 X PE rads
EK distroplate
If you've a voltmeter, I'd check the PSU voltages.