[SOLVED] PC seems to crash when waking up from sleep.

Patsore

Prominent
Sep 21, 2021
PC goes to sleep, seemingly, just fine, but when I try to wake it I hear the fans power on, the LEDs flash, then it turns off, without the display ever turning on. Then, again, it tries to turn on - same thing happens, LEDs, fans turn on - then it powers off. Only after that does the PC power on, without any recovery screen.
Event viewer has a Critical Error -
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly,
And also -
The previous shutdown at <time> was unexpected.
After reinstalling windows, and trying a live USB, this being a software issue seems unlikely. As I'm not too tech-savvy, is there any way to check, to make sure it's the PSU's fault? The reason I still have doubts, is that everything else works fine, with no random shutdown/reboots, even when doing something quite power-intensive.
Specs:
A-135 650W
Core i5-4570
2x8 DDR3
GTX 1070
GRYPHON Z87

Solution
I'd be suspecting the PSU.
When the PC awakes from sleep....there can be a large surge current (also called inrush current) because everything wakes up at the same time.
This surge current can make the voltages go lower than they are supposed to and the result is a crash.

According to the PSU tier list......that PSU is one of of the worst on the list.

See here.

It is on Tier D. Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems

I would replace it anyway.

I wouldn't want it ruining my system.
I'd be suspecting the PSU.
When the PC awakes from sleep....there can be a large surge current (also called inrush current) because everything wakes up at the same time.
This surge current can make the voltages go lower than they are supposed to and the result is a crash.

According to the PSU tier list......that PSU is one of of the worst on the list.

See here.

It is on Tier D. Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems

I would replace it anyway.

I wouldn't want it ruining my system.

Solution