[SOLVED] PC seems to have “deep fried itself”

Mar 7, 2023
So as weird as this may sound my pc deep fried itself. Was playing destiny 2 today and went to switch to the map when it over saturated and blurred everything while some color was straight blacked out. It was like a deep fried meme really. Second time this has happened. It always crashed my computer after like 20 seconds. Maybe a window 11 bug? I’m really hoping it’s not a hardware failure on my 3090 ti.. sorry if I sound dumb or typos I don’t really do this often so any help or discussion is welcomed..

System specs:
Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor
Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory
Samsung 870 QVO 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital Blue SA510 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
MSI GeForce RTX 3090 TI GAMING X TRIO 24G GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB Video Card
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 1600 W

Last edited:
Solution
Does not sound stupid/dumb. Likely very good clue.

Keyboard or perhaps the keyboard drivers.

Manually download the applicable drivers via Razer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. (No third party tools or installers.)

If the problems continue try another known working keyboard on your computer.

Try the Razer keyboard on another known working working computer.

Determine if the problem stays with your computer or follows the keyboard.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished).

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

If your PC will boot then look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occurred just before or at the time of the crashes.

Mar 7, 2023
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished).

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

If your PC will boot then look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occurred just before or at the time of the crashes.
PSU is original to build. Maybe 5 months old.
as for the drives the 500GB SSD is less than half full and compared the 2TB is 75% full. 500GB is the boot drive.

Mar 7, 2023
What are your full system specs? Does this happen in any other game or just D2?
No first I was sitting at the Home Screen on discord

Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor
Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory
Samsung 870 QVO 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital Blue SA510 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
MSI GeForce RTX 3090 TI GAMING X TRIO 24G GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB Video Card
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 1600 W

Ralston18

Titan
5 month old PC....

First check for error codes per Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Second, power down, unplug, open the case.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connectors are fully and firmly in place.

Something may just be working loose. That can happen to to heat related expansion and contraction plus vibrations.

(If you are not comfortable opening the case then find a knowledeable family member or friend to help check everything.)

Mar 7, 2023
5 month old PC....

First check for error codes per Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Second, power down, unplug, open the case.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connectors are fully and firmly in place.

Something may just be working loose. That can happen to to heat related expansion and contraction plus vibrations.

(If you are not comfortable opening the case then find a knowledeable family member or friend to help check everything.)
So I’m currently looking at the reliability history and there’s a lot of critical events for it. Mainly just programs that got forced close but I do have some showing hardware errors and some windows unexpected shutdowns starting around the 21st of February

Ralston18

Titan
Did you install any new apps or make any hardware changes around the 21st of February?

Look in update history for any failed or problem updates.

What critical events occurred? There should be some error code numbers - you click any given entry for more details. The details may or may not be helpful.

Especially any relating to hardware errors. Unexpected shutdowns likely being a result of you having to switch off power is some manner. Versus using the Windows power icon.

Any pattern to the errors/critical events in Reliability History? Check then timeline using both the Days and Weeks setting.

Mar 7, 2023
Did you install any new apps or make any hardware changes around the 21st of February?

Look in update history for any failed or problem updates.

What critical events occurred? There should be some error code numbers - you click any given entry for more details. The details may or may not be helpful.

Especially any relating to hardware errors. Unexpected shutdowns likely being a result of you having to switch off power is some manner. Versus using the Windows power icon.

Any pattern to the errors/critical events in Reliability History? Check then timeline using both the Days and Weeks setting.
This might sound stupid but I did get a brand new Razer keyboard on the 22nd and that’s honestly when my computer started acting funky. I know that may sound dumb but could it be the keyboard?

Ralston18

Titan

Manually download the applicable drivers via Razer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. (No third party tools or installers.)

Solution
Mar 7, 2023

I will try the keyboard swap and send the Razer one to another gaming pc. Synapse runs all of razers drivers and I’ve heard synapse can be buggy so maybe that caused windows to crash? Just my best guess. I’ll keep you updated on this thread. You’ve been great my friend and the knowledge is always very much appreciated!

Ive had razer software suites bluescreen my computer on boot (I had to delete the program by plugging the drives into a different PC to get back into windows), so it is entirely possible that could be the cause.
Hopefully its that easy.
I recall many years back some folks made a synapse uninstall tool because of such issues. It would wipe everything including registry entries and drivers. I am much happier with my Corsair products.

I recall many years back some folks made a synapse uninstall tool because of such issues. It would wipe everything including registry entries and drivers. I am much happier with my Corsair products.
I gave up on Razer many years ago and switched to corsair, but after going through 5 M65s over the years for the same issues (scroll jumping and double clicking), I actually just switched my mouse back to a Razer Basilisk Ultimate, and it is quite nice. Software is, as always, lackluster.

I gave up on Razer many years ago and switched to corsair, but after going through 5 M65s over the years for the same issues (scroll jumping and double clicking), I actually just switched my mouse back to a Razer Basilisk Ultimate, and it is quite nice. Software is, as always, lackluster.
Funny that you say that. I have had an m65 mouse for 6 years with no issues other than the grip coating getting nasty. I just scrapped it off with a credit card and its basically brand new. Some people just click harder or use their scroll wheel a bit rougher than others. I have a friend who has finger punched every mouse he has ever owned to death within a year or less.

Mar 7, 2023

It was indeed the keyboard. My old one is in and haven’t had a problem or critical event since then.

It was indeed the keyboard. My old one is in and haven’t had a problem or critical event since then.
Remember that it could still be the software associated with the keyboard and you only have problems when they are both active and in use. I would try uninstalling synapse and using the razer keyboard without synapse. If it still causes issues then it must be just the keyboard. If there are no problems then its a combination of synapse having issues with the keyboard installed.

Mar 7, 2023
Remember that it could still be the software associated with the keyboard and you only have problems when they are both active and in use. I would try uninstalling synapse and using the razer keyboard without synapse. If it still causes issues then it must be just the keyboard. If there are no problems then its a combination of synapse having issues with the keyboard installed.
Thank you partner!

Reactions: helper800