Question PC seems to run slower day by day

May 8, 2020
So I started playing the new game from Riot Games VALORANT in which at the start i got 100FPS then after 1 week or so i dropped to 80FPS and lower but i thought that was some optimization problem cuz all the players have those droppes.So i played like that and yesterday my PC got even slower even within desktop and other programs like in youtube i cant watch 1080p videos while on discord and in VALORANT now i get MAX 30-40 FPS

PC Spec:
CPU: i5-2500k (NOT OCed)
GPU: ASUS GTX 660
RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Blue
Motherboard: GIGABYTE H67A-USB3-B3

You have 8GB of RAM. This is why you're seeing your system run slower. The more stuff you start at the same time like using discord, valorant and watching 1080p video on youtube with 8GB is stretching it.

You're going to your limit of the RAM and your drive is starting to use the pagefile and you lose performance.

Is that 8GB 1 stick in single channel? That would be even more performance lost right there because it's not 2 sticks in dual channel.

Have you tried not running 15 programs at the same time to see if only running valorant alone is ok?

8GB of RAM is just not enough anymore. It's easy to get to 8GB of RAM usage.

May 8, 2020
You have 8GB of RAM. This is why you're seeing your system run slower. The more stuff you start at the same time like using discord, valorant and watching 1080p video on youtube with 8GB is stretching it.

You're going to your limit of the RAM and your drive is starting to use the pagefile and you lose performance.

Is that 8GB 1 stick in single channel? That would be even more performance lost right there because it's not 2 sticks in dual channel.

Have you tried not running 15 programs at the same time to see if only running valorant alone is ok?

Im not doing all the stuff in the same time ,been playing valorant with only discord open its even on a fresh windows.Yes the RAM is in single channel which is true that from start its a loss in performance but this was too sudden.

May 8, 2020

The odd thing from my perspective is that when in valorant my pc dont go above of 50% usage.

May 8, 2020
50% Memory usage or 50% CPU usage? Running Chrome with a few tabs + Valorant + Youtube + the OS should be a lot more than 50%. Your PC at idle should be using around 20% RAM usage.
Yes in idle my RAM is at ~20-25% usage but when im in Valorant and i have open only Valorant with discord when i check performance:
CPU ~50%
GPU ~40%
RAM ~70%
Don't know if you have seen my first reply.

TRENDING THREADS