[SOLVED] PC semi freezing and then completely freezes

paceyschaos

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
linktr.ee
Hey there, as the title mentions my computer is randomly freezing. At first my audio/video will freeze or cut out, I'm actually able to use most programs for maybe 10-15 seconds before they start to freeze.
I can even minimize programs, right click on the desktop (eventually becomes very laggy and then stops working) and so forth. Then after those 10-15 seconds after the audio and video initially cut out my
entire computer just freezes. I don't receive any crash errors, blue screens and it doesn't unfreeze. My only solution has been to simply hard shutdown from the power button and then it's business as usual.

I've had issues like this before where it was memory related. I simply turned my memory to D.O.C.P in my BIOS and the freezing completely stopped, howeve after a new install of windows (for unrelated reason)
the freezing has slowly returned. It's frozen maybe three times tonight, from memory (my brain, not RAM) the first freeze was rendering in a program called "NukeX" and another one was watching a movie on a program.
It's also frozen while rendering on "Adobe Premiere Pro" so is it potentially a CPU/SSD issue?

I'm all ears for any suggestions, as I mentioned I just recently formatted my SSD and installed a clean version of Windows 10 Pro. That was for an entirely different issue which I believe has been resolved.

I have the following specs:
  • Gigabyte RTX 3070 VISION 8GB OC
  • Corsair HX1000M 80+ Platinum PSU
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
  • Phanteks Eclipse P500A ATX
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Asus STRIX B550-F
  • NZXT Kraken X72

paceyschaos

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
linktr.ee
My computer crashed again but something incredibly peculiar happened which might create more context. I was in a discord call and the audio cut out (as before). I was able to ctrl+alt+del and open up task manager.
I was looking through the performance tab when I was begun wondering how I could use this program (all the stats were frozen but I could still change between tabs). I pressed print screen on my keyboard which
allows me to screenshot through Gyazo, which allowed me to take a screenshot!

I don't understand how that happened. My computer freezes, audio/video cuts out, I cannot open programs and most eventually freeze after 10-15 seconds. However I can ctrl+alt+del and open task manager
and screenshot with a program? My default browser did not in fact open to show me the screenshot however when I restarted my PC the screenshot was in my gyazo account. I've attached it below.

I hope this might provide more context!