May 16, 2020
Hey guys so I basically just built a new PC and this is probably the 4th or 5th PC I've built and it has me stumped. I'm averaging around 100 FPS in League of Legends and also experience insane FPS drops which is absolutely absurd for the specs. I also am only getting around 100 FPS in Minecraft, around 50 FPS in Dead By Daylight and these are just my super easy games to run. I'm also only playing on 1080p.

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 AF
GPU: MSI GAMING X RTX 2060 Super
MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
PSU: EVGA 600BR
Storage: 500 GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

I have all the latest drivers installed, I've stressed tested to check temps, I've verified that everything is apparently running as it should.

Before anyone suggests that its just a massive bottleneck I made sure before hand that at 1080p gaming I wouldn't expect any major bottlenecks or anything along those lines and anyone I talked to with similar setups said that they were getting much much higher figures in the same exact games.

I'd really appreciate any type of advice or solutions that any of you guys may have found to fix this issue.

Solution
I agree it doesn’t hurt to check. Just a pretty poor PSU.
I figured it out. My GPU utilization was extremely low. Bumping the RAM up to speed and changing the power management mode to prefer maximum performance did the trick and everything is running as originally intended. Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond I really appreciate it.
Hey guys so I basically just built a new PC and this is probably the 4th or 5th PC I've built and it has me stumped. I'm averaging around 100 FPS in League of Legends and also experience insane FPS drops which is absolutely absurd for the specs. I also am only getting around 100 FPS in Minecraft, around 50 FPS in Dead By Daylight and these are just my super easy games to run. I'm also only playing on 1080p.

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 AF
GPU: MSI GAMING X RTX 2060 Super
MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
PSU: EVGA 600BR
Storage: 500 GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

I have all the latest drivers installed, I've stressed tested to check temps, I've verified that everything is apparently running as it should.

Before anyone suggests that its just a massive bottleneck I made sure before hand that at 1080p gaming I wouldn't expect any major bottlenecks or anything along those lines and anyone I talked to with similar setups said that they were getting much much higher figures in the same exact games.

I'd really appreciate any type of advice or solutions that any of you guys may have found to fix this issue.
  1. That’s a VERY poor choice for a PSU, I’d replace it as soon as financially possible.
  2. Is this a new build with a fresh windows install done?
  3. Are you overclocking anything?
  4. Did you install latest drivers and the appropriate bios?

May 16, 2020
  1. That’s a VERY poor choice for a PSU, I’d replace it as soon as financially possible.
  2. Is this a new build with a fresh windows install done?
  3. Are you overclocking anything?
  4. Did you install latest drivers and the appropriate bios?
  1. I understand that the PSU isn't fantastic but the GPU only calls for 550w of power so I figured it would be efficient enough for now.
  2. This is a brand new build and a fresh copy of Windows 10.
  3. I currently have zero overclocks, I wanted to figure out the issue before applying any.
  4. All the drivers are up to date and I updated the BIOS as well.

1. I understand that the PSU isn't fantastic but the GPU only calls for 550w of power so I figured it would be efficient enough for now.
  2. This is a brand new build and a fresh copy of Windows 10.
  3. I currently have zero overclocks, I wanted to figure out the issue before applying any.
  4. All the drivers are up to date and I updated the BIOS as well.
1. What the GPU calls for has nothing to do with it. That power supply is poor QUALITY, isn’t fantastic is a severe overstatement. Wouldn’t matter if it was 5000 watts. That thing has no business being in ANY PC with a dedicated GPU. Now if you were using a low power CPU with integrated graphics then it would be ok. The issue is the 12v rail and ripple. That thing WILL NOT provide sustained appropriate power to your CPU AND GPU at the same time. If possible return.

May 16, 2020
1. What the GPU calls for has nothing to do with it. That power supply is poor QUALITY, isn’t fantastic is a severe overstatement. Wouldn’t matter if it was 5000 watts. That thing has no business being in ANY PC with a dedicated GPU. Now if you were using a low power CPU with integrated graphics then it would be ok. The issue is the 12v rail and ripple. That thing WILL NOT provide sustained appropriate power to your CPU AND GPU at the same time. If possible return.
Can you recommend a decent PSU for my specs then that wont break the bank?

16GB DIMM DDR4 clocked @ 2133 MHz.

You're running your 3200MHz RAM at 2133MHz.

This is why it's affecting your performance.

Go in your BIOS and use the XMP profile to set your RAM at 2933MHz at first. If this work you can try 3200MHz but you might not be able to get up to that with a ZEN1 CPU.

When you set your RAM at 2933MHz it should give you a performance increase across the board.

Do that and do the benchmark again.

May 16, 2020

Go in your BIOS and use the XMP profile to set your RAM at 2933MHz at first. If this work you can try 3200MHz but you might not be able to get up to that with a ZEN1 CPU.

When you set your RAM at 2933MHz it should give you a performance increase across the board.

I'll give it a shot and send the benchmarks afterwards

May 16, 2020

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28257933
The score ended up being a good bit higher, I'm gonna hop into some games and see how everything performs and I'll come back here with the updated results.

May 16, 2020

Okay so with the RAM set at 3200MHz I'm getting more stable performance in games but its still way lower than what I got on my old rig that consisted of an AMD FX-6300 and a GTX 1050Ti. For instance, in the GTA V benchmark I'm getting anywhere between 30-60FPS but my CPU and GPU are hardly being utilized. My CPU and GPU both sat at around 30-40% usage and never pushed past that point which is really confusing.

Okay so with the RAM set at 3200MHz I'm getting more stable performance in games but its still way lower than what I got on my old rig that consisted of an AMD FX-6300 and a GTX 1050Ti. For instance, in the GTA V benchmark I'm getting anywhere between 30-60FPS but my CPU and GPU are hardly being utilized. My CPU and GPU both sat at around 30-40% usage and never pushed past that point which is really confusing.
It’s not confusing, if they get unreliable power delivery they can’t very well operate effectively.

May 16, 2020
I agree it doesn’t hurt to check. Just a pretty poor PSU.
I figured it out. My GPU utilization was extremely low. Bumping the RAM up to speed and changing the power management mode to prefer maximum performance did the trick and everything is running as originally intended. Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond I really appreciate it.

Solution