[SOLVED] PC showing no display. Honestly no idea what it could be...

stagefright

Commendable
Oct 9, 2019
Hello, hope you’re well. I have an issue with my PC, and I can’t seem to narrow it down. I’m hoping one of you guys has an idea of what could be wrong. The PC boots, fans spin and RGB lighting turns on, however nothing displays on the monitor. I believe the issue just occurred overnight with no input from me. The monitor and TV work with any other device such as my phone or laptop. No beeps or codes on the motherboard.
My troubleshooting method consisted of the following, without any results…

• Switched from DVI to HDMI connection.
• Switched cables for both DVI and HDMI tests.
• Switched display to my TV.
• Removed the GPU and tried both DVI and HDMI through the motherboard.
• Removed the MB battery to clear CMOS.
• RAM removed and tested with just one stick in all DIMM slots.
• PC taken apart, cleaned from any minor dust, re-seated, and rebuilt.

Any help would be much appreciated. If any more information is required, please drop me a message. Thank you!

EDIT**

My apologies, forgot to include the system spec:

Monitor: BenQ XL2411

CPU: Intel i7 6700k
Motherboard: ASUS Z170M-PLUS
RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX (2x8GB)
GPU: ASUS Strix 1080
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 Evo (250gb), 4TB WD Blue, 1TB WD Blue
PSU: EVGA 650W Gold

Last edited:
Solution
as the monitor & tv work on other devices then they are not a problem. disconnect all cables from the drives. remove the videocard & connect monitor to onboard video port. remove all ram except 1 stick. clear the cmos on the motherboard(check motherboard manual for that). turn on computer to see if displays or not. report back.

stagefright

Commendable
Oct 9, 2019
My apologies, forgot to include the system spec:

Monitor: BenQ XL2411

CPU: Intel i7 6700k
Motherboard: ASUS Z170M-PLUS
RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX (2x8GB)
GPU: ASUS Strix 1080
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 Evo (250gb), 4TB WD Blue, 1TB WD Blue
PSU: EVGA 650W Gold

Built around 4 years ago. PSU, CPU, MB are less than a year old.

ADB91

Honorable
Jun 3, 2014
Have you tried the PC on a different display to see if it's the monitor where the issue lies?

If it doesn't work on another display, can you use the motherboard HDMI port to boot the PC and check in your BIOS that your GPU is recognised and set as the primary?

as the monitor & tv work on other devices then they are not a problem. disconnect all cables from the drives. remove the videocard & connect monitor to onboard video port. remove all ram except 1 stick. clear the cmos on the motherboard(check motherboard manual for that). turn on computer to see if displays or not. report back.

Solution