Question PC shows display at one place, but I take it home and I can't get a display

Jul 14, 2020
I had a PC repairman look at my PC since I couldn't get a display at all for it. Apparently my build was fine and actually showed a display on his monitor.

But I brought my PC home and tried to plug everything in, but I had the same problem as before.

I tried to get a display on my new monitor that I bought for the PC, my old monitor for my current PC, and my TV. None of them showed a display for me.

I know it's not the cable because I tested the cable on my Roku and got a display no problem.

It's not the monitor, not the cables, and my PC actually DID show a display at the PC repairman's house. It's just that it won't display here.

I'm honestly at a loss. This has made PC building a nightmare for me.

Jul 14, 2020
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 580 8gb
Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-Pro
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 16gb DDR4
PSU: Corsair CX Series 750 Watt

Monitor: Acer CB242Y
TV: Samsung (i was given this so I dont know the exact model off the top of my head)

I'm using HDMI to connect

I should note that I'm going to return the Acer monitor and I'm getting the slightly bigger version of it (CB272), since the bigger one has displayport while the CB242Y doesn't.

Jul 15, 2020
i think first you should check your power cable if it is working or not and also check the hdmi or vga slots and cables
then also it doesn't work then get it repair again or if possible then buy a new one

Jul 14, 2020
i think first you should check your power cable if it is working or not and also check the hdmi or vga slots and cables
then also it doesn't work then get it repair again or if possible then buy a new one

The power cable is working because when I switch on the PSU, I do get lights indicating that the mobo is working. The repairman did use a different power cable though.

Neither the VGA or HDMI is showing a display, and this has happened with both this mobo and the last one I tried. Plus since I got a display at the repairman's place I don't think it's a mobo problem.

did PC repairman test the hdmi ?
have another gpu for testing at home?

Yeah he used HDMI since that's what I said was using, and I brought my own GPU