[SOLVED] pc shut down and reboots then my display drivers are uninstalled

Ironclad832

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
when i launch a game i get a blue screen but my pc is still on and cant do anything so i have to manually reboot my pc but when im logged in i find that my display drivers are uninstalled ,this only happens when i launch games otherwise i can freely do anything on my pc.

pc specs:
intel core i5 3470
16GB ddr3 ram 4x4gb moduals
amd radeon rx 570 armour 8gb
cooler master B500 v2 500w psu
1tb 7200rpm hdd
128gb ssd

note: i have done no overclocking

Solution
To start can you try the following:
  1. Fully uninstall any existing gpu drivers, you want to use a 3rd party program to do this: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
  2. Ensure you are installing the correct driver, although most installers these days wont allow you to install the incorrect driver: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/support/radeon-rx-570-armor-8g-oc
  3. It's a long shot but you should run a malware/virus scan, you can try the free trial of Malwarebytes.
  4. If this problem is with a specific game you should fully reinstall it. Use an program like IOBit to fully uninstall the game before you reinstall it.
  5. I've noticed that your storage is very small (128gb ssd), how...
Jun 16, 2021
  1. Fully uninstall any existing gpu drivers, you want to use a 3rd party program to do this: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
  2. Ensure you are installing the correct driver, although most installers these days wont allow you to install the incorrect driver: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/support/radeon-rx-570-armor-8g-oc
  3. It's a long shot but you should run a malware/virus scan, you can try the free trial of Malwarebytes.
  4. If this problem is with a specific game you should fully reinstall it. Use an program like IOBit to fully uninstall the game before you reinstall it.
  5. I've noticed that your storage is very small (128gb ssd), how much space have you got free?
  6. If none of that helps, please post the fault code from the bsod.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan
The computer systematically crashing when you start a game strongly suggest something has gone wrong with the GPU or that the PSU is struggling to maintain sufficiently stable outputs when under load. Drivers disappearing after restart usually means there were problems during hardware initialization, check hardware status in Device Manager.

At a glance, the CM B500v2 does not appear to be a particularly good PSU and should probably be replaced by something of higher quality.

Ironclad832

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
when i launch a game i get a blue screen but my pc is still on and cant do anything so i have to manually reboot my pc but when im logged in i find that my display drivers are uninstalled ,this only happens when i launch games otherwise i can freely do anything on my pc.

pc specs:
intel core i5 3470
16GB ddr3 ram 4x4gb moduals
amd radeon rx 570 armour 8gb
cooler master B500 v2 500w psu
1tb 7200rpm hdd
128gb ssd

note: i have done no overclocking
The computer systematically crashing when you start a game strongly suggest something has gone wrong with the GPU or that the PSU is struggling to maintain sufficiently stable outputs when under load. Drivers disappearing after restart usually means there were problems during hardware initialization, check hardware status in Device Manager.

At a glance, the CM B500v2 does not appear to be a particularly good PSU and should probably be replaced by something of higher quality.
Thank you , i can freely do anything on my pc like watch videos and roam around but when i launch apex legends and waiting in the lobby for like 6 sec i get a framedrop and my screen cuts of and cant do anything else than manually reboot my pc ,when my pc is rebooted my display drivers are uninstalled,i been using this pc for like a year with no problems,my temps on gpu did not exceed 60-65 degrees celsuis and cpu nothing more than 60 ,i dont get a bsod my screen just cuts off
i really hope its not the gpu

Ironclad832

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
  5. I've noticed that your storage is very small (128gb ssd), how much space have you got free?
  6. If none of that helps, please post the fault code from the bsod.
Thank you , i can freely do anything on my pc like watch videos and roam around but when i launch apex legends and waiting in the lobby for like 6 sec i get a framedrop and my screen cuts of and cant do anything else than manually reboot my pc ,when my pc is rebooted my display drivers are uninstalled,i been using this pc for like a year with no problems,my temps on gpu did not exceed 60-65 degrees celsuis and cpu nothing more than 60 ,i dont get a bsod my screen just cuts off

Jun 16, 2021
Invalid Error is correct, it seems like there is problem with the GPU, as you've been using the PC for a while it is unlikely to be the power supply unless it has degraded. However we do need to eliminate any potential driver or compatibility issues before we start looking at the hardware. Follow the steps I listed for you and let us know how you got on.

Ironclad832

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
Invalid Error is correct, it seems like there is problem with the GPU, as you've been using the PC for a while it is unlikely to be the power supply unless it has degraded. However we do need to eliminate any potential driver or compatibility issues before we start looking at the hardware. Follow the steps I listed for you and let us know how you got on.
I have done all the steps and done some benchmarks using Heaven and ran it for 30min with no problem, I also ran Cinebench R15 for 30 min with no problem, I used a multimeter to see if my 12v rail is still outputting 12v and it shows 11,95volts under load and 12.42v on idle, do you think it might be faulty ram?

Jun 16, 2021
I'm no expert on PSU issues but I don't think 0.05V under is going to cause any significant issues, maybe make new post for that specific question.

Lets me clarify a few things:

So the problem is only caused by apex shadow legends or does it happen on other games?
You have ran two benchmarking utilities without problem?
When you were running the benchmarks did you run them at high enough settings to put your gpu under significant load? (gpu usage at 100%? I'm assuming you did and I just want to make sure)
Do the gpu drivers disappear if you restart the computer?

Jun 16, 2021
I have no reason to suspect the RAM at the moment, RAM issues tend to cause hangs, freezes, and bsod. If it was a memory issue it's more likely to be the SSD, did you check the amount of free space?

InvalidError

Titan
I'm no expert on PSU issues but I don't think 0.05V under is going to cause any significant issues, maybe make new post for that specific question.
The spec (what everything should be able to handle without issues) is 5% tolerance, so anywhere from 11.4V through 12.6V should be fine and absolute tolerances (where things may actually start going wrong short-term) should be another ~5% beyond that.

Ironclad832

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020

Lets me clarify a few things:

So the problem is only caused by apex shadow legends or does it happen on other games?
You have ran two benchmarking utilities without problem?
When you were running the benchmarks did you run them at high enough settings to put your gpu under significant load? (gpu usage at 100%? I'm assuming you did and I just want to make sure)
Do the gpu drivers disappear if you restart the computer?
I have done both tests at extreme , gpu was at 100% and the cpu as well , it doesnt just happen with one particular game I have tested multiple games and the problem persist , it doesnt seem to be doing this anymore but I am curious as of what the problem was so just out of curiosity I went to my local pc shop and explained what was happening and they said that I was underpowering my gpu, so I went online searched AMD RADEON RX570 ARMOUR 8GB and they recommend a psu of 450w so i dont know how I am underpowering my gpu,I have about 70GB of free storage on my SSD but I dont use it as storage.

Jan 31, 2022
I have done both tests at extreme , gpu was at 100% and the cpu as well , it doesnt just happen with one particular game I have tested multiple games and the problem persist , it doesnt seem to be doing this anymore but I am curious as of what the problem was so just out of curiosity I went to my local pc shop and explained what was happening and they said that I was underpowering my gpu, so I went online searched AMD RADEON RX570 ARMOUR 8GB and they recommend a psu of 450w so i dont know how I am underpowering my gpu,I have about 70GB of free storage on my SSD but I dont use it as storage.
Did you find the solution? Please let me know because iam having the samee problem