Question PC shut down and won't turn back on.

May 10, 2023
While a friend was downloading rust, their pc randomly shut down completely. They tried to turn it back on, but nothing happened. We then switched the outlet that he was using and still nothing. Next we made sure everything was plugged in properly as well as changed the PSU cord to see if it was a faulty cord, still nothing. We then started to unplug all peripherals and realized that the keyboard and mouse were still receiving power from being plugged in. PC still not turning on, any suggestions? Peripherals still only things getting power.

CPU: I7-12700K 8p/16 = 4E 3.60GHZ 25MB CACHE 125W LGA1700
CPU cooler: Cyberpower MasterLiquid LITE 240MM ARGB Watercooler
RAM; ADATA XPG LANCER RGB 16GB DDR5-6000MHZ
SSD:500GB WD BLACK SN750 SERIES (PCIE GEN4) NVME
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 TI 8GB GDDR6 Video Card
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P400A
PSU: Apevia ATX-PR800W (gold)
MB: ASROCK Z790-C/D5 DDR5 ATX W/ WI-FI 2.5GBT LAN, 3 PCIE X16, 2PCIE X1, 4 M.2, 4 SATA LGA1700 CEC

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Have you tried breadboarding the system with only the bare minimum parts, using only the iGPU instead of a discrete(I'm assuming you have a discrete GPU to work with since I wouldn't recommend playing games on that iGPU).

May 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Have you tried breadboarding the system with only the bare minimum parts, using only the iGPU instead of a discrete(I'm assuming you have a discrete GPU to work with since I wouldn't recommend playing games on that iGPU).
Updated the original to have the specs, unfortunately I do not have his monitor info on hand at the moment. Only "fixes" we've tried are what's mentioned above as of right now.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
While a friend was downloading rust, their pc randomly shut down completely. They tried to turn it back on, but nothing happened. We then switched the outlet that he was using and still nothing. Next we made sure everything was plugged in properly as well as changed the PSU cord to see if it was a faulty cord, still nothing. We then started to unplug all peripherals and realized that the keyboard and mouse were still receiving power from being plugged in. PC still not turning on, any suggestions? Peripherals still only things getting power.

CPU: I7-12700K 8p/16 = 4E 3.60GHZ 25MB CACHE 125W LGA1700
CPU cooler: Cyberpower MasterLiquid LITE 240MM ARGB Watercooler
RAM; ADATA XPG LANCER RGB 16GB DDR5-6000MHZ
SSD:500GB WD BLACK SN750 SERIES (PCIE GEN4) NVME
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 TI 8GB GDDR6 Video Card
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P400A
PSU: Apevia ATX-PR800W (gold)
MB: ASROCK Z790-C/D5 DDR5 ATX W/ WI-FI 2.5GBT LAN, 3 PCIE X16, 2PCIE X1, 4 M.2, 4 SATA LGA1700 CEC
I'd find it hard to troubleshoot power problems without a voltmeter. Do you have one?

TRENDING THREADS