Gaurav Krishna

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
i'm using windows 8.1..my spec are below
gpu:- r9 270x
cpu:- fx 4300(overclocked to 4.4)
mb:- msi 970a g43
smps:- corsair vs550

my pc is shutting down by itself no message or any anything just black screen and then it's off not and this happens while i'm not using my pc and i don't have this prob while playing games or using my pc.. i'm having this prob for 2 weeks or more please help.. :'(

Solution
since it's overclocked is it prime stable, did you run any stress tests for the cpu, if no that the answer is your cpu isn't stable and you probably need to ad more voltage to it, if you already ran stress tests and determined that it's stable, what are your temps(at load and idle), if you can check vrm temps, that board is known to one of the worst if not the worst 970 chipset board for overclocking, those vrm's are complete s***
also do you have any new drivers installed on it recently

cemerian

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
since it's overclocked is it prime stable, did you run any stress tests for the cpu, if no that the answer is your cpu isn't stable and you probably need to ad more voltage to it, if you already ran stress tests and determined that it's stable, what are your temps(at load and idle), if you can check vrm temps, that board is known to one of the worst if not the worst 970 chipset board for overclocking, those vrm's are complete s***
also do you have any new drivers installed on it recently

Solution

Gaurav Krishna

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
yes after i overclocked i ran prime95 for 45 min and temps were normal currently it's 50-55 in idle and on load it's 60-65 while playing games i checked it on Aida 64 and for new driver i'm using amd 14.12 driver

cemerian

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
the max temps for fx chips is 62c for cores, if it goes past it it starts thermal throttle, but in your case 45 min of prime is not nearly enough and i would say at least 1h of prime 30 min occt test, then it can be called semi stable, as for idle they are way to high for anything acceptable, they should be more in the mid 30's there is definitely a heat problem, but in your case run the stress tests again, see if it passes them one by one, what voltage are you using for your cpu@4,4ghz ?