[SOLVED] Pc shut down when i touched gpu

Dec 29, 2020
So I have bought a rx570 but my psu couldn't handle it because it was a 350w. So I had a 55 dollar budget and I bought a 750w used psu. When i plugged everything in, the fan didn't spin , but everything was working fine. the psu would overheat and I would shutdown the pc. One day I was editing a video and suddenly everything was (not responding) so i thought my psu was overheating so I reched my hand and accedently touched my gpu from the IC side (I keep the front panel off because airflow) upon contact I didn't feel any shock so I am 99% sure that I havn't staticed my gpu . Anyways as soon as I touch it it just closes the pc and it won't turn on. so I switch to my old parts hoping everything would be fine which are a HD6570 and a 350w psu . The drivers were messed up and I was in a BSOD loop. So last night I was tinkeriing with the 750w psu and I made the fan spin with a liitle rattle. Today I got the idea of putting the HD6570 withthe 750w and it worked . SOOOOOOOOO IS MY GPU ded? if not what is neccesary to fix it . Note when I use the 750w and rx570 the cpu cooler fan barley spins then opts out. Please help bcs I need to complete work for university in time for resuming the break.

Solution
Psu fans are replaceable. Easy enough to do so on that psu since warranty is void. Simply unscrew all the screws, lift the lid (do NOT touch the insides, many of those caps still contain a charge) the fan is a small 2 wire connector. Cut that wire. Keep the connector. Use a standard DC 120mm (most likely) fan (could be 92mm or 140mm, no telling) and cut the connector from that. Splice black to black and red to yellow. Solder with shrink wrap or wire nuts, something permanent. Put it back together. Done. Simple. Seriously doubt it's a pwm (4 wire) fan in there, psus are almost always DC fans, only Corsair 'i' series and similar are pwm.

New fan will be good for @ 50,000 hrs or more. Old fan got stuck for a reason, your 'unstuck' I'd...
Dec 29, 2020
I know it is heating because at first the fan wasn't working so I left the front panel open and every once in a while I feel the power suply and it is a corsair TX750 gold

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So I had a 55 dollar budget and I bought a 750w used psu
  1. You had no need of 750w, that pc would run just fine on a decent 520w - 550w.
  2. You got ripped off. Anyone using a good quality 750w psu isn't going to sell it, unless it's seriously old and no longer meets their new pc requirements.
  3. $55 or less for 750w used means the prior owner knew it was a pos or dying, and found a sucker to buy it. Get your money back asap if possible, complain if you have to because unless you had a serious lapse in reality and totally missed the part where they said it was not fully functional, they misrepresented the sale. Buyer beware is one thing, but that doesn't cover ppl selling obviously broken parts as good.

Until you get a functional and stable psu that does what it's supposed to do, you cannot diagnose anything else.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Psu fans are replaceable. Easy enough to do so on that psu since warranty is void. Simply unscrew all the screws, lift the lid (do NOT touch the insides, many of those caps still contain a charge) the fan is a small 2 wire connector. Cut that wire. Keep the connector. Use a standard DC 120mm (most likely) fan (could be 92mm or 140mm, no telling) and cut the connector from that. Splice black to black and red to yellow. Solder with shrink wrap or wire nuts, something permanent. Put it back together. Done. Simple. Seriously doubt it's a pwm (4 wire) fan in there, psus are almost always DC fans, only Corsair 'i' series and similar are pwm.

New fan will be good for @ 50,000 hrs or more. Old fan got stuck for a reason, your 'unstuck' I'd consider temporary at best.

Solution