pc shut down when playing game when I reboot i get a black screen but everything is working

nokezot

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
my pc shut down radomly when i was playin ACU it's a brand new pc and has more than the systemrequirements whe I tried to turn it on again my monitor snaps out of standby and stay's on the hdmi channel 'cus thats the cable I use but the screen turns black I checked if it was the gpu, psu and the lights on my motherboard light up when I turn it on. I even checked my RAM. Any sugestion? I followed this guy's post on reddit:
Former IT support guy here. There's a few things you can do to narrow down the problem.
If it's not turning on at all, this would point to the PSU. If you have another one handy, the easiest thing to do would be to swap it out and try turning on the PC. If it works, you have your answer - it's the PSU. However, if you don't have an extra one handy, then you can try something as simple as just disconnecting everything from the PSU, and only plugging in a cooling fan. Any cooling fan. We just want to see if it's drawing power from the PSU. DOes it turn on? No? Then that's probably what it is.
But suppose your PSU did turn on a fan. Now we know that it is providing power. So the next step is to make sure all the power connections to the motherboard are connected and properly seated. When you try to turn on the power, does it make any kind of noise? Does anything light up? If it didn't, then it's probably your motherboard. If it did, let's move on to the next step.
We know that the motherboard is receiving power because something lit up or made noise. Ok good. Now, does anything come up on the monitor? Anything at all? Doesn't have to be Windows, just text. We just want to see the BIOS info come up. No? Ok, are you getting any kind of beeping noise? Click here and on the right side you'll see info on beep codes. If a code came up on the screen, that same link can give you more info on the problem. Just look up your motherboard make.
But wait, nothing came up on the screen? Ok, let's try this. You mentioned you had a graphics card installed. But let's see what happens when you plugin your monitor into the onboard graphics. Plug it in. Does anything come up? If so, then it's your graphics card causing the problem. If nothing comes up, then it could be your motherboard, but it could also be your monitor. Try a different monitor if you have another. Also try a different vga/dvi cable to each of the monitors.
Try taking out one of the memory chips, leave just one in there. Do the same for the other one. Does anything change? Faulty memory has been known to lockup systems before then can even boot up.
Assuming you got this far, you probably should have found your problem by now. But from your description, it's more than likely going to be either your PSU, or your Motherboard. My money's on the PSU.
Keep up posted!
Any sugestion? I really don't know what to do.

Solution
The IT guy is right, I have had the same problem before, the pc is fine as long as you don't draw too much power by using a demanding application (like ACU) it will be fine, but as soon as you exceed the power limitation of the psu it will kill your system and you will need to do a hard reset to power it back on again. The only real solution is to get a better psu.

If you give me a full spec list, and a psu budget, I could probably direct you too a suitable unit.

hope this helps :)

Oaklandmurphy

Respectable
Jun 1, 2016
The IT guy is right, I have had the same problem before, the pc is fine as long as you don't draw too much power by using a demanding application (like ACU) it will be fine, but as soon as you exceed the power limitation of the psu it will kill your system and you will need to do a hard reset to power it back on again. The only real solution is to get a better psu.

If you give me a full spec list, and a psu budget, I could probably direct you too a suitable unit.

hope this helps :)

Solution

nokezot

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016

Oaklandmurphy

Respectable
Jun 1, 2016

I wouldn't blame the gpu so quickly; this could still be power supply problem that you fixed accidentally by reducing the amount of power that the psu needs to output by removing the power hungry graphics card. Even though your model of power supply is fairly high quality, it could be a faulty unit, so I would at least experiment with power draw before giving up on the graphics card.