PC shut down, won't reboot. Tried a ton of stuff...

pfs0398

Commendable
Oct 1, 2017
Recently rebuilt with an i7-7700k in an ASUS Z270H mobo. During a fairly long session with the Oculus Rift, my PC just shut down. When I tried to reboot, everything looked good but my monitor never got past HDMI (no signal) then went into standby and black screen. I opened the case and there was definite overheating somewhere, my guess being the GPU (EVGA 1070sc) which smelled nice and burnt.

I gave it a couple hours to cool off and tried again with the same results. Noticed that the LED logo on my H100i v2 pump wasn't lit. I removed the GPU and tried the on board GPU. No good. I checked all my mobo and PSU connections, all good. Reset CMOS, no good. Tried with one stick of RAM,then the other. Still same result. Hooked up an old monitor and still nothing.

I'm at a loss. Everything is powering up - case lighting is good,mobo LEDs are normal, CPU cooler fans and case fans are all blowing and the 1070's lighting is good. The GPU fans aren't moving but it's a first run EVGA with the old firmware and the fns barely ran under normal conditions. The only concern I have is the Corsair logo not lighting up on the pump.

Whatever this is is out of my league, anyone have any ideas before I bring it to a shop? Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Outside of the factory overclock on the GPU, I was running everything at stock speeds.

pfs0398

Commendable
Oct 1, 2017

Tried it. Both with an older Dell panel and my TV. Same problem - no signal.

pfs0398

Commendable
Oct 1, 2017

That's the worst case scenario, for sure. Just bought the CPU... Is there any way to really see if the pump is functioning?

pfs0398

Commendable
Oct 1, 2017

Can't get into bios (or anything, for that matter). I'm starting to think the aio might be what's going on. If the pump isn't working, would the mobo not boot to prevent cpu damage? Maybe try wiring it in differently? Currently I've got the pump going to the aio header and the 2 rad fans going to cpu and cpuOPT headers with the self-power connections from the pump just hanging off.

Take the AIO out of the equation and use an air cooler, then test to see if your computer posts.

pfs0398

Commendable
Oct 1, 2017
[/quotemsg]
Take the AIO out of the equation and use an air cooler, then test to see if your computer posts.
[/quotemsg]

Well, tried a 212 and an older h100i. Both of them worked but the problem persists - black screen/monitor in standby. I'm stumped. Guess it's time to take it to a shop....

pfs0398

Commendable
Oct 1, 2017

Yeah, it's got 4 error lights (boot, vga, ram & cpu) and a standby/sleep light. None of the error lights flash or stay on at all. The standby light won't shut off. I've also noticed that the lighting on my kb/m stays on regardless of whether I'm trying to boot or not. Could it be stuck in some kind of soft-off state?