[SOLVED] PC shut down, won't start (My first pc)

Feb 12, 2019
My potato pc just suddenly shutdown while i'm playing a game and it won't start again. None of the lights or fans turn on. I suspect psu or motherboard problem. This is my first pc and i'm running on a very tight budget. What to do?

CPU:amd a10 9700
GPU: palit gtx1050ti
Ram:Trident 8gb (single stick)
Motherboard: A320m pro vh plus
Power supply says 700w on the name but the label says regular power is 220w and peak power is 250w. i don't really know how that works.

Solution
got it online for a cheap price. Should i buy a new one? any affordable recommendations? how to check if it's really the psu?

You can test the PSU this way:

The minimum quality I would get, for tight budgets, is a Tier E from this list:

Your PC has a very low consumption, a nice 450/500W PSU will be enough.

Phazoner

Distinguished
got it online for a cheap price. Should i buy a new one? any affordable recommendations? how to check if it's really the psu?

You can test the PSU this way:

The minimum quality I would get, for tight budgets, is a Tier E from this list:

Your PC has a very low consumption, a nice 450/500W PSU will be enough.

Solution
I wouldn't say you got ripped off, no disrepect, but it seems like an under-informed purchase. I have never heard of Bosston and would never buy any of their products. That being said, a failing PSU can destroy the rest of your build, literally taking the other parts down with it. Therefor you shouldn't cut corners by saving a couple bucks on that component.

Agreeing with Phazoner above, 450W should be enough for your build. I wouldn't go lower than a Tier E for your build but of course a higher tier is always better. Just keep your budget in mind.