[SOLVED] [SOLVED] PC shuts down in some games and apps

Mar 1, 2021
Hi, everybody

Im using:
i5-8400 (stock cooling)
Sapphire Rx 570 - 8Gb
Kllisre 8 Gb 2400 Mhz ddr4 (single channel)
Gigabyte B360M D2V (rev 1.0)
Corsair VS550 Psu
Samsung 250gb SSD (for system)
Seagate 500gb 5400rpm (for storage)(2.5'')

2 months ago my pc shutdown unexpectedly for the first time. I've been using this system for almost 3 years and it was fine. One day while playing remnant and broadcasting on discord pc just shutdown like a power-loss. Since I did not change any components I thought it might be malware and I re-install the windows. After that ı tought it was fixed but when ı start to play Mafia 1 definitive edition and Bf1 it shutdown but like 3-5 times in 2 months. When I start play Mafia 3 def edt. it shutdowns almost every time ı open the game. (most of the time as soon as the game finishes loading, sometimes playing after couples of minutes and shutdowns 2 times in setup )

After 3 days I stop trying and moved to Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice it was like the mafia 3, almost every time shutdowns. Only diffrence was this time it did not shutdowns like instantly when loading a game. This time shutdowns in 2-5 minutes. The funny thing is ı spend hours in Total War: Rome 2 and it just 1 time shutdown in this game. (I alt-tab the game and did some things in browser etc. Then open the game try to scoop arround and after of couples of seconds it shutdown)

Then my friend says update your bıos it may help. it did not help but after updated the bıos it starts to re-start after these shutdowns. Then ı test the ram with memtest86 like 5 times (No Errors), test the cpu with intel processor diagnostic tool (No Errors), Heaven Benchmark for gpu (no shutdowns), did some aida64 stress thing for checking the Psu put the system full load (Click everything), after 30 minutes nothing happend, if this shutting down problem is caused by psu then ıt should have shutdown in test.

Then ı start exact same test but this time open a video from the hdd(720p-mp4 gomplayer) it shutdowns after ı open the video. With my friend's pc ı try my ram and nothing happpend in his pc but even with diffrent ram my pc shuts down.

I have no ıdea what to do at this point, since ı test every component except motherboard. I think motherboard may be faulty but even though I have the warranty for it I don't know what to say to them because it did not crash in most games or apps, only some ?

I'm willing to test things if I can ,I need some help, thanks for your attention!

Last edited:
Solution
If your temps are okay... (you stress tested your GPU and CPU... so assume they are ).
It sounds to me like PSU.... even if you stress test your PC with aida or other stress program... doesn't mean, the PSU is fine... sometimes there is a spike in CPU or GPU consumption, which cannot be replicated unless, the same game or the program that is causing the power loss is being used.

Try different PSU.... if its not the psu it should be the mobo.... but i think it is exactly the PSU.
If your temps are okay... (you stress tested your GPU and CPU... so assume they are ).
It sounds to me like PSU.... even if you stress test your PC with aida or other stress program... doesn't mean, the PSU is fine... sometimes there is a spike in CPU or GPU consumption, which cannot be replicated unless, the same game or the program that is causing the power loss is being used.

Try different PSU.... if its not the psu it should be the mobo.... but i think it is exactly the PSU.

Reactions: NiggoLas12
Solution
Mar 1, 2021
Well you are right ı guess, ı try my freinds psu and it did not shutdown or anything. I never suspected the psu because of psu values are fine but these spikes must be doing the thing. Thank you for your help it was driving me nuts about two months.