Question PC shut off and won’t turn on.

Jun 11, 2019
I built this pc in December of 2018. About two weeks ago I was using my computer, and it froze a couple times due to video rendering (I assume). After the video finished and I let it cool down, I got back on about 2 hours later to play some games. The game menu was bugging and then my pc shut off. I tried turning it back on, unplugging it and flipping the power supply switch and it didn’t turn on. The only thing that happened was one fan LED would blink twice, no fans would spin at all.

I researched and concluded that it was the power supply, so I replaced it with a better supply and nothing changed. I returned the new power supply and replaced the motherboard. Again nothing changed. I hear a faint humming of power and the LED still blinks.

If anyone knows what the issue could be I would appreciate the help as I can’t find an answer elsewhere.

Specs:
-Intel core i7-8700k coffee lake
-Corsair CX550 550W power supply
-team t-force Vulcan 16gb 288-pin DDR4 RAM
-XFX Radeon RX 580
-Gigabyte H310M A motherboard

Replaced power supply and motherboard with:
-Corsair CX 650M
-MSI H110M PRO-D

Jun 11, 2019
Just tried with one stick of ram and nothing changed but without the gpu both fans light up and spin for a few seconds before slowing and stopping. Including the cpu fan.

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
Just tried with one stick of ram and nothing changed but without the gpu both fans light up and spin for a few seconds before slowing and stopping. Including the cpu fan.
And this was with your original (Gigabyte) motherboard I assume? As said before, your CPU (i7-8700K) is simply unsupported by the MSI one:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H110M-PRO-D#support-cpu
Also, I suggest you try powering it up directly (disconnect the power button cable from the front panel header, and use a flat screwdriver, touch both pins with it for a few moments and release), might be an issue with the power button.

Jun 11, 2019
And this was with your original (Gigabyte) motherboard I assume? As said before, your CPU (i7-8700K) is simply unsupported by the MSI one:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H110M-PRO-D#support-cpu
Also, I suggest you try powering it up directly (disconnect the power button cable from the front panel header, and use a flat screwdriver, touch both pins with it for a few moments and release), might be an issue with the power button.
I did try the screwdriver thing and it didn’t change. I posted after yours that the gigabyte motherboard successfully powers up without the gpu