[SOLVED] PC shut off and won't boot

May 2, 2021
So, I've had this PC running for over two years. I had my PC on and went to take a nap. When I woke up the PC had turned itself off, but all the fans were still spinning. When I tried to boot it back up, it wouldn't boot at all. No monitor signal at all, keyboard and mouse don't even light up. But again, all fans spinning.

I saw the DRAM LED is on on my motherboard. So I put each stick of RAM in by itself, in every configuration possible, still nothing. I was able to swap to a different PSU to see if that was a problem, same issue.

Unfortunately I don't have any other spare components to test further. I don't think it would be the RAM now because it would be unlikely for both sticks to die at the same time, I think? I'm thinking motherboard is the problem most likely? But thinking it could even be a CPU issue maybe?

Relevant components:

Ryzen 5 2600
Asus Rog Strix X470-F Gaming Mobo
2x 8gb DDR4 3200 G Skill Ram
MSI RX470 4gb GPU
Corsair RM650x PSU
XPG SX8200 Pro 1tb NVME SSD

Any help greatly appreciated.

Solution
If the pc powers on and the fans spin up, but nothing on the screen and no keyboard lights? Most likely motherboard failure. Without another PC to test your components in it is difficult to know for sure.

only way you can do it is buy a new motherboard, or take it into a shop where they have a ryzen testbed to test your other components in.

To rule out GPU failure, try it with the GPU taken out and monitor connected to the onboard graphics.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
If the pc powers on and the fans spin up, but nothing on the screen and no keyboard lights? Most likely motherboard failure. Without another PC to test your components in it is difficult to know for sure.

only way you can do it is buy a new motherboard, or take it into a shop where they have a ryzen testbed to test your other components in.

To rule out GPU failure, try it with the GPU taken out and monitor connected to the onboard graphics.

Solution
May 2, 2021
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately my motherboard does not have onboard graphics. I was able to get a very very very old gpu and it still does not boot up.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately my motherboard does not have onboard graphics. I was able to get a very very very old gpu and it still does not boot up.

In which case it is time to start the RMA process for your motherboard. It will take weeks for your board to be replaced or repaired, in the meantime you could buy a basic, budget board just to be able to use your stuff while you wait for it.

But that motherboard does have onboard graphics man. What are you talking about? The manual you linked to shows you the HDMI and Displayport connectors. In any case you tried another GPU and it still dont work, so it's the motherboard...

May 2, 2021
The manual you linked to shows you the HDMI and Displayport connectors. In any case you tried another GPU and it still dont work, so it's the motherboard...

It has has the HDMI and DP connectors if you have a ryzen cpu that has integrated graphics. There is no onboard on the mobo.

Thanks for your help. I was leaning toward it being the motherboard, too.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
In which case it is time to start the RMA process for your motherboard. It will take weeks for your board to be replaced or repaired, in the meantime you could buy a basic, budget board just to be able to use your stuff while you wait for it.

But that motherboard does have onboard graphics man. What are you talking about? The manual you linked to shows you the HDMI and Displayport connectors. In any case you tried another GPU and it still dont work, so it's the motherboard...
The 2600 has no on board graphics!