Question PC shut off unexpectedly, booted a couple of times, and now wont boot at all. Tried replacing PSU without success.

Tagline

Prominent
Nov 5, 2020
This happened for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It rebooted without issue at that time. Then a couple of days ago, it happaned again within a short time span. The second time it started booting but shut restarted itself within a second several times on its own. After letting it sit a few minutes, it managed to boot again, but at this point, I wasn't getting a signal to the monitors. I managed to resolve this*, but the system shut down again a couple of hours later and I havent been able to boot it since. My first hunch was that it would be the PSU acting up, but I've since replaced it, and it didn't make any difference.

The CPU fan is still connected, the power switch is connected in the right place, I couldn't find any loose parts that would cause a short circuit, GPU is powered.

What could be the issue here? Broken motherboard, or graphics card? I'd rather not replace both, but with no spare motherboard or GPU I don't know how to figure out what is broken. Or could there be something else that is causing this?

Parts in question:

MSI Z270 PC-Mate
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3GB OC
Intel Core i5-7600K
Corsair RAM

* I don't know if this is relevant, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. I managed to get 1 monitor working by plugging it in the motherboard HDMI slot. Enabling PEG/IGD multimonitor in BIOS allowed both monitors to work when booting to Linux, but not Windows. Going back to BIOS and setting PEG only as the primary monitor device (the original setting) then allowed me to view BIOS via the GPU HDMI slot, and both monitors working on both Linux and Windows.

Tagline

Prominent
Nov 5, 2020
old PSU: Seasonic SSR-360gp
new PSU: Kolink Core 700w

Can't remember any specific CPU temp, the CPU fan is a pretty beefy noctua so if presuming it was running properly, I don't think it should have any issue cooling. Going through the BIOS I did look through the fan settings, and none of them were spinning at an alarming rate.