[SOLVED] PC Shutdown automatically if bios try to boot into operating system??

DeltaFoxOrion64

Prominent
Mar 20, 2020
When the BIOS tries to boot the operating system, the PC shuts down (completely shut down! No power) automatically and tries to restart, and it keeps running. But if I enter the user interface of the BIOS then there is no problem in the PC, I checked the PSU, RAM and found no problem. But if I select a Hard drive / DVD / USB Drive to boot, then the PC goes into the loop. There is no bad sector in hard drive. One temporary solution I have found is to reset the BIOS by removing the battery or shortening the jumper pin. But it doesn't work occasionally. Any suggestions?

CMOS Battery Voltage Seems Okay to me 3.02 Volt

Last edited:
Solution
Check your USB ports and devices for damage. Check your internal SATA power connectors, as well as any Molex connectors you might have.

Had a similar situation that turned out to be a SATA power cable that was slightly shorted. The BIOS didn't trigger the device to power up, but booting to Windows did.

So the computer seemed fully functional but would crash on boot.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Check your USB ports and devices for damage. Check your internal SATA power connectors, as well as any Molex connectors you might have.

Had a similar situation that turned out to be a SATA power cable that was slightly shorted. The BIOS didn't trigger the device to power up, but booting to Windows did.

So the computer seemed fully functional but would crash on boot.

Solution