[SOLVED] PC Shutdown during BIOS Update

KanyeJ19

Honorable
Jul 25, 2015
Hello all

This post is for a friend's computer. They had a friend over to do a BIOS update on their PC and during the update, using Gigabyte Q-Flash. The PC shut down/crashed to a degree. We all agree that the motherboard might be bricked. So far they've tried removing CMOS battery for 7 minutes, changing RAM slot, and leaving the PC alone for 24 hours. Are there any other possible fixes or tricks we can do to get PC working? Any and all help is very much appreciated

Friends Specs:
CPU Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-H
RAM Kingston HyperX DDR4 16GB (16x1) 3200MHz
GPU Gigabyte RX 5600 XT Gaming OC
Bios Version pre-flash was F1, and they attempted to flash it to F60C in wake of Ryzen 5000 series

Solution
Bios Version pre-flash was F1, and they attempted to flash it to F60C in wake of Ryzen 5000 series
The problem is staring you right in the face. I've mentioned this before on tutorials. That is, you should gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS version and not jump to the latest version.

It's like a 2 year old being taught PHD level knowledge, the only thing that will happen in that kid's mind is an explosion and perhaps a path of no recovery, which is why things in life need to be eased in, not thrown in.

I can't seem to find any option in the motherboard manual for a BIOS recovery option so in essence the board is a goner, you will need something new or secondhand to get the system afloat.

Lutfij

Titan
The problem is staring you right in the face. I've mentioned this before on tutorials. That is, you should gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS version and not jump to the latest version.

It's like a 2 year old being taught PHD level knowledge, the only thing that will happen in that kid's mind is an explosion and perhaps a path of no recovery, which is why things in life need to be eased in, not thrown in.

I can't seem to find any option in the motherboard manual for a BIOS recovery option so in essence the board is a goner, you will need something new or secondhand to get the system afloat.

Solution

KanyeJ19

Honorable
Jul 25, 2015

The news you know you're gonna hear but hope to not hear I guess. What you've said I'll pass onto them regardless, as it'll be a good lesson for later on if they ever need to tackle it again, and for myself. Thank you for concise and quick answer!

Latest posts