Reputable
May 21, 2018
So my initial build in 2018 was
Ryzen 3 2200G
Asrock AB350 Pro 4
FSP Hexa + II 500W
Rx 580 4 GB
DDRR4 16 GB

I've notice this problem like a year ago while I'm playing eFootball 2021, it just shut down when I click a menu. It's just pitch black (but my ram RGB light still on) and I can't hit the power button until I unplug it for like 5 second then plug it back
It's not a big problem for me since I'm not that into this game

The problem follow again when I was playing dota, it will shut down in some main menu video or in the "versus screen" in particular hero (it's weird) but it wont crashed when I alt-tabbed
Mind you the temp was only 70 ish, quite normal for gaming (I checkedit in HWMonitor)

Yesterday I updated my bios to the latest and upgraded my cpu to Ryzen 5 5600
Now I can't even play valorant (which I have no problem before), every game that I play will just crashed in 10 minute of the gameplay

I'm trying to ruled out if it's the GPU or PSU problem by using FurMark and my pc crashed within 1 second I hit the start
Is this PSU problem? I can't afford to replace both GPU and PSU, but I can certainly replace the PSU

The pc overall is normal when I use it for browsing or doing some work
Please help

Solution
My initial gut feeling is it's likely the PSU. With regards to the question of budget, how much are you willing to spend and what shops do you have access to? The latter is important mostly because having a rather generous return policy (in case it's the GPU) would be nice.
My initial gut feeling is it's likely the PSU. With regards to the question of budget, how much are you willing to spend and what shops do you have access to? The latter is important mostly because having a rather generous return policy (in case it's the GPU) would be nice.

Solution

mraiman141

Reputable
May 21, 2018

Probably around $50 at the end of the month
I've taken a list from my usual computer shop
  1. COOLER MASTER MWE 550 V2 80+ BRONZE PSU
  2. be quiet! SYSTEM POWER U9 600W - 80+ Bronze Certified - 3 Years
  3. Antec ATOM B550 - 80+ Bronze Certified - Flat Cable - 3 Years Warranty
(https://www.tokopedia.com/enterkomputer/etalase/power-supply) probably the most trusted computer shop in my country
If you suggest another similar PSU I'd gladly hear it

I have a feeling that it's PSU problem since I've done controlled test with temp and it's no problem and by the fact it just completely crashed the first second I try the benchmark
Could be wrong tho

TRENDING THREADS