Question Pc shuts down 2 seconds after turning it on

Dec 29, 2020
Hello guys,
I am hoping someone here can help with the issue i am facing.
I ll provide you with as much information i can.

My brother's pc was working just fine until he went to turn it on amd it wouldn't turn on properly.
The only thing it did was turn on for 1 or 2 seconds (all fans spinning properly for 2 seconds) and then shut down.
So the problem is that when we try to turn on his pc it shuts down after two seconds and same repeats every time.

Also i noticed that it starts and after 2 seconds when the screen is about to light up it shuts down.

So i thought it has to do something with the screen and the psu not being able to give enough power for the whole system to light up.

I disconnected the screen and all peripherals and same thing kept going. So it wasn't any of the peripherals but still i was convinced its sth to do with the psu giving power to screen so the component left to check was the gpu.

I removed gpu from motherboard and connected screen to motherboard through vga.

And now without the gpu pc was working just fine.

So i am wondering.
When the gpu is connected,could it be that the psu has worn out and is not able to give enough power to light up whole system so thats why its shutting down after two seconds?

Or is there any possibility that the gpu died or sth and that's why system wont light up when gpu is on?

So in my mind without me being an expert to be able to judge.

It's either the psu faulty and can't give enough power to light up the system when gpu is on.

Or

There is something wrong with the gpu that won't let the system power up.

I am hoping someone will be able to enlighten me on this one.
That's what i managed to figure out, thanks in advance and sorry about the long post.

Hello guys,
I am hoping someone here can help with the issue i am facing.
I ll provide you with as much information i can.

My brother's pc was working just fine until he went to turn it on amd it wouldn't turn on properly.
The only thing it did was turn on for 1 or 2 seconds (all fans spinning properly for 2 seconds) and then shut down.
So the problem is that when we try to turn on his pc it shuts down after two seconds and same repeats every time.

Also i noticed that it starts and after 2 seconds when the screen is about to light up it shuts down.

So i thought it has to do something with the screen and the psu not being able to give enough power for the whole system to light up.

I disconnected the screen and all peripherals and same thing kept going. So it wasn't any of the peripherals but still i was convinced its sth to do with the psu giving power to screen so the component left to check was the gpu.

I removed gpu from motherboard and connected screen to motherboard through vga.

And now without the gpu pc was working just fine.

So i am wondering.
When the gpu is connected,could it be that the psu has worn out and is not able to give enough power to light up whole system so thats why its shutting down after two seconds?

Or is there any possibility that the gpu died or sth and that's why system wont light up when gpu is on?

So in my mind without me being an expert to be able to judge.

It's either the psu faulty and can't give enough power to light up the system when gpu is on.

Or

There is something wrong with the gpu that won't let the system power up.

I am hoping someone will be able to enlighten me on this one.
That's what i managed to figure out, thanks in advance and sorry about the long post.
Start by listing the complete specs for the system. Be sure the power supply info includes the brand, exact model number and years it's been in use.