[SOLVED] PC shuts down after 5 seconds in VR

Jun 14, 2020
Hello everybody!
I have a problem and I didn't find the solution yet. I bought one HP Reverb headset and they work fine only when I am inside the "Cliff house" of the WMR portal.
But the problem comes when I try to open SteamVR to use another thing (I like flight sims like DCS). I start SteamVR and I see the "Steam house" for exactly 5 seconds and suddenly the PC crash and turns off. In these 5 seconds something makes a lot of noise before shutting down (maybe PSU or GPU).

My PC is:
i7 9700 3.00 Ghz
RTX 2080 ti
32 GB RAM
650W power unit
Full HD 24'' monitor
HP Reverb Pro headset

Maybe changing my PSU would solve the problem? Any help, please?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
You need to get a better quality PSU as that Nox Urano one is a bad choice --- it may not even be supplying the claimed 650w (a common failing with cheap PSUs). See this:

Jun 14, 2020
PSU make & model? (these details should always be included in specs).
Hi and thanks! My PSU is an Urano VX 650W and it is 3 years old. In January of this year I built a new gaming PC and the PSU is the only part that I took from the older computer. I can run fine games in flat screen monitor, I only have this problem when using VR.

You need to get a better quality PSU as that Nox Urano one is a bad choice --- it may not even be supplying the claimed 650w (a common failing with cheap PSUs). See this:

Solution
Jun 14, 2020

Thanks for the info! I think I will get a Corsair RM 850W.
I hope that after the change I can finally use my VR headset in Steam games and not only in the mixed reality portal.

Reactions: digitalgriffin