PC shuts down after approx 1-3 minutes of running

Nov 10, 2018
Hi there, I’m having some problems with my PC which keeps automatically shutting itself down shortly after booting.

The problem first started when my CPU water cooler started to leak onto my graphics card. I have since removed dryed and cleaned the graphics card but when I try to use it the fans will spin for a second and then nothing, I then need to actually take the power cord out of the PSU for a few seconds and plug in again before I can even get the fans to spin again.

I have now changed back to my old graphics card and the PC will boot windows most of the time. However, it seems really random as to how long the PC will stay on for before switching off. Sometimes it’s a matter of seconds and sometimes it’s up to about 4 minutes max .

I have also replaced the cooling system with a standard fan and heatsink.

I’m pretty sure the coolant didn’t get on the MOBO But I guess you can never be sure and the drops could have splashed it.

I have tried unplugging all non essential components a, have tried resitting the RAM and also tried booting with just one stick of RAM, even with the GPU disconnected the problem still persists.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Steve

TRENDING THREADS