[SOLVED] Pc shuts down after removal of the Fan

Dr3v1R

Reputable
Apr 19, 2016
Hello,

I have removed the fan from my PC, since it was pretty loud and I didn't see a need for it.
After the removal of the said fan, when I try to turn on the PC, it loads the OS however several minutes, sometimes even seconds after that the PC automatically shuts down.
System Fan Control is disabled in the BIOS, and PC can stay on while in BIOS however it will not stay on when OS is loaded.

GA-78LMT-S2 -Motherboard in the question.

Thank yall in advance.

Solution
Just like everyone else i am puzzled why you removed the fan , especially if it was one that is supposed to blow hot air out of the tower , the whole point of having fans is to pull cold air in and push warm/hot air out.

The user thirdeye has given you the correct answer and this is why i know he is right.

When my custom built pc was delivered it had special packing around the component's , i had not noticed that the side fan was not connected to the motherboard , the company left it unplugged on purpose so that the wire did not get fouled around the packing.

When i started the pc up it stopped at an extra screen without getting to the desktop , a message came up saying hardware not detected and their was an extra shutdown icon on...

Dr3v1R

Reputable
Apr 19, 2016
And if you reconnect it, does the PC work as normal?
After removing it, I have cut it with scissors and right now that fan is not usable, however I can reconnect the wires and I will try, I have tried just connecting it without connection to the fan and it is still the same, however will try to connect and try again

USAFRet

Titan
After removing it, I have cut it with scissors and right now that fan is not usable, however I can reconnect the wires and I will try, I have tried just connecting it without connection to the fan and it is still the same, however will try to connect and try again
So you removed it, and physically cut the wires, before verifying whether it was actually needed?

What else have you done with this system?

Hello,

I have removed the fan from my PC, since it was pretty loud and I didn't see a need for it.
After the removal of the said fan, when I try to turn on the PC, it loads the OS however several minutes, sometimes even seconds after that the PC automatically shuts down.
System Fan Control is disabled in the BIOS, and PC can stay on while in BIOS however it will not stay on when OS is loaded.
Why did you disable system fan control? Are you sure you didn't also disable the CPU fan as well when disabling system fan? What Fan header is your CPU fan connected to? Is the CPU fan connected directly to the PSU with an adapter?

The motherboard will likely shut off the system if the CPU Fan is not detected in the CPU Fan header at the top of the motherboard. If you were using that top fan header for the case fan, and then disconnected it, that is likely your problem.

Dr3v1R

Reputable
Apr 19, 2016
Why did you disable system fan control? Are you sure you didn't also disable the CPU fan as well when disabling system fan? What Fan header is your CPU fan connected to? Is the CPU fan connected directly to the PSU with an adapter?

The motherboard will likely shut off the system if the CPU Fan is not detected in the CPU Fan header at the top of the motherboard. If you were using that top fan header for the case fan, and then disconnected it, that is likely your problem.
The CPU fan is connected to the motherboard, and I have tried enabling the System Fan control and it is still the same thing, and CPU fan control is enabled like it was before this

Just like everyone else i am puzzled why you removed the fan , especially if it was one that is supposed to blow hot air out of the tower , the whole point of having fans is to pull cold air in and push warm/hot air out.

The user thirdeye has given you the correct answer and this is why i know he is right.

When my custom built pc was delivered it had special packing around the component's , i had not noticed that the side fan was not connected to the motherboard , the company left it unplugged on purpose so that the wire did not get fouled around the packing.

When i started the pc up it stopped at an extra screen without getting to the desktop , a message came up saying hardware not detected and their was an extra shutdown icon on the screen so i could switch it off properly.

So ... just like third eye said the motherboard was looking for something ( the fan ) but could not find it.

Reactions: PrinceTexasLoaf
Solution

Dr3v1R

Reputable
Apr 19, 2016

When i started the pc up it stopped at an extra screen without getting to the desktop , a message came up saying hardware not detected and their was an extra shutdown icon on the screen so i could switch it off properly.

So ... just like third eye said the motherboard was looking for something ( the fan ) but could not find it.
Yes I will be buying a new one and replacing this one and I will see if its going to stop doing this

TRENDING THREADS