[SOLVED] Pc shuts down and boots back on after logging into windows

Jan 22, 2021
I installed a new motherboard and processor and ram in my pc and turned it on everything works and when I signed into windows it just shuts down and turns back on , can anybody help me please I’m very frustrated of how I just spent 200 dollars on this and it does not work

Solution
You may use the Windows Media Creation Tool. To create a bootable USB flash drive. Then boot off that to install Windows. You'll want to choose Custom Installation not Upgrade. When selecting drives. You'll want to highlight and delete every partition of the boot drive. Then select the blank boot drive and click install. The installer will take care of partitioning. You don't need to do so.

Important Notes:
  1. Unplug every drive other than the boot drive before booting. Otherwise the installer may place some boot files on another drive. Leading to a mess in the future where you can't remove the other drive without some work. Also this makes sure you don't use the wrong drive.
  2. This will be a clean installation. All programs...
Did you clean install Windows after changing the motherboard?

Also since it reboots. You can try leaving it on for awhile. Sometimes Windows will see a problem and repair it over multiple reboots.

You can also try a Windows Reset.

A clean install is best for a new motherboard.

Jan 22, 2021
Did you clean install Windows after changing the motherboard?

Also since it reboots. You can try leaving it on for awhile. Sometimes Windows will see a problem and repair it over multiple reboots.

You can also try a Windows Reset.

A clean install is best for a new motherboard.
I tried doing the option where you install windows but keep all the files but it still shuts down and and boots back up , any other way ?

You may use the Windows Media Creation Tool. To create a bootable USB flash drive. Then boot off that to install Windows. You'll want to choose Custom Installation not Upgrade. When selecting drives. You'll want to highlight and delete every partition of the boot drive. Then select the blank boot drive and click install. The installer will take care of partitioning. You don't need to do so.

Important Notes:
  1. Unplug every drive other than the boot drive before booting. Otherwise the installer may place some boot files on another drive. Leading to a mess in the future where you can't remove the other drive without some work. Also this makes sure you don't use the wrong drive.
  2. This will be a clean installation. All programs, files, drivers, &c will be gone. If you don't have a backup, which you should. Make one before doing anything.
  3. Download the latest drivers from your motherboard manufacturer and any other peripheral manufacturer except the GPU. You should go directly to AMD or nVidia for the latest graphics drivers. I actually go a bit deeper and get the latest Audio drivers straight from the audio chipset manufacturer too. When installed Windows will automatically get most drivers. It's still a good idea to download and install the latest. You may ignore most utilities though. As most are little more than bloatware.
  4. You'll need to download and reinstall any software.
  5. Don't forget items like your browser bookmarks and passwords when backing up. If you aren't already syncing your browsers to the cloud.
  6. You may need to fiddle with your BIOS to get the flash drive to boot. Another option than using the Media Creation Tool is to download the ISO and use RUFUS set specifically for UEFI or BIOS booting.
  7. This is a new motherboard. Unless you specifically bought a Retail License. You have an OEM License. Which means it is most likely not transferable. You will need to buy a new license.
  8. When asked for a product key. Click the text for not having one. Then choose Windows 10 Home or Pro. You can ignore all the various other iterations. Choose the correct one for your license (see note 7).
  9. Post install: I like to turn off stuff like Suggested Apps, Show Welcome Experience, 'Get tips, tricks, and suggestions', most if not all notifications and so forth. This isn't necessary but it gets rid of a lot of unnecessary annoyances. I also disable automatic downloads from the Windows Store and the initial dump of junk apps and games from the Windows Store.

Solution