I built a new pc with specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
CPU FAN: STOCK FAN
RAM: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE
GPU: RX 580
MOBO: MSI B450M Micro ATX
CASE: COOLERMASTER Q300
PSU: CX 550M

At start it was working fine i installed windows and everything, however i began seeing a red dot flashing twice ever time i started the PC on the MOBO. I didn't pay attention to it, i thought it was normal.

next day, i turn the PC on and i just see a glitch screen on my monitor then computer shuts down, and now i cant turn it back on.

at first i thought it was the GPU right? so
I tested the GPU first on my other PC and everything booted up correctly with GPU fans spinning.

next, I tried CMOS resetting on the MOBO that did nothing, i also took out the cell battery in the MOBO that also did nothing because the PC did not turn on.

I checked to see if the CPU was incorrectly placed, but the triangle matched with the triangle on the MOBO so that couldnt be the problem so then i had to remove the old thermal paste and reapply again.

I tested the PSU, using an LED strip configuration in my old PC, but that didn't turn on the LED lights. Also the switch at the back was on.

I'm thinking the power supply is faulty or something because it struggles to power on my PC (CORSAIR CX550W)

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is? or any ways i can further troubleshoot.

Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS