Question Pc shuts down and restarts after minutes

madame change

Commendable
May 8, 2020
Good evening, after assembling my new pc, when I go to play after a few minutes (now I don't know why I'm not a chronometer) my pc turns off, and then turns on again after a few minutes, I also try to turn it on manually but it doesn't work, what could it possibly be? Obviously I don't have a spare power supply to try unfortunately.

CPU: Intel i7 2600k
MOBO: Asus p8p67le
GPU: Nvidia GeForce gtx 770
RAM: 8 GB
POWER SUPPLY: xfx pro 750w
CPI COOLER: cooler master hyper tx3i

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You describe the machine as a "new PC", but those components indicate is several generations old. Therefore, your issue could be related to any failing old component... CPU, board, memory, card, etc. One would have to start swapping out parts to find the bad part.

On the other hand, that is the effect that happens sometimes if the CPU is over heating. Is it possible your cooler isn't making secure contact with the CPU? No thermal paste? Next time you turn it on, boot to BIOS and watch the CPU temps.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
He's not giving you a hard time for not having new parts. The thing is, we need to know the state of all parts when diagnosing, what parts are, whether they're used or new, where they were obtained, which parts you've used before and know are working, etc. So clutch wanted to verify whether or not these were used or new parts because you did say new. And words mean things.

Reactions: clutchc

madame change

Commendable
May 8, 2020
the pieces I bought them used, I am a person who does not play great games, my maximum is fortnite, so for this I bet on the cheap, the other day I played fortnite for an hour and it did not turn off, while the days before after a few minutes it turned off, also putting the graphic settings to "low", so yesterday I decided to install occt and do a "power" test that tested the power supply and motherboard and after 7 minutes it turned off, now, is it the motherboard or the power supply?

the pieces I bought them used, I am a person who does not play great games, my maximum is fortnite, so for this I bet on the cheap, the other day I played fortnite for an hour and it did not turn off, while the days before after a few minutes it turned off, also putting the graphic settings to "low", so yesterday I decided to install occt and do a "power" test that tested the power supply and motherboard and after 7 minutes it turned off, now, is it the motherboard or the power supply?
Remove the gpu and connect the monitor to the mobo.
Any diff?