Question Pc shuts down and restarts while gaming

rgabor

Prominent
Oct 23, 2021
Hi! My PC started producing this strange symptom after putting in a new graphics card. (Asus strix rx 470). I bought this gpu with a bad bios flash error and i managed to repair it. There seems to be no problem with it whatsoever, but my pc shuts down after 20-30 minutes when I'm playing a demanding game. The shutdown is like pulling the power cord from the pc. It restarts itself afterwards and works fine. At first I thought it's my psu, so I replaced it with a brand new Seasonic Core GC 500W Gold unit but the problem is still there. I ran memtest86 too and it didn't throw any errors. Event viewer only shows kernel power error. I cleared CMOS and reseated the graphics card too. All connections from the psu are tight and secure. I don't know what other things I can try.
My specs are the following:
i5 4460 cpu
Asrock B85M Pro4 Motherboard
2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz ram
2x sata ssd and 1x 7200rpm hdd
Seasonic Core GC 500W Gold

rgabor

Prominent
Oct 23, 2021
Hi! My PC started producing this strange symptom after putting in a new graphics card. (Asus strix rx 470). I bought this gpu with a bad bios flash error and i managed to repair it. There seems to be no problem with it whatsoever, but my pc shuts down after 20-30 minutes when I'm playing a demanding game. The shutdown is like pulling the power cord from the pc. It restarts itself afterwards and works fine. At first I thought it's my psu, so I replaced it with a brand new Seasonic Core GC 500W Gold unit but the problem is still there. I ran memtest86 too and it didn't throw any errors. Event viewer only shows kernel power error. I cleared CMOS and reseated the graphics card too. All connections from the psu are tight and secure. I don't know what other things I can try.
My specs are the following:
i5 4460 cpu
Asrock B85M Pro4 Motherboard
2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz ram
2x sata ssd and 1x 7200rpm hdd
Seasonic Core GC 500W Gold