Question PC Shuts down at, doesn’t power on until unplugged

Mar 18, 2023
Specs:

ROG STRIX B550-f
RADEON RX5600
RYZEN 5 5600X
SEASONIC FOCUS PLUS 850 PLAT
GSKILL RIPJAWS V

Issues occurs across several OS (Windows 10/11, Debian, Manjaro, Mint)

This issue has persisted through many false diagnoses and I have no idea what to do with it at this point. System shuts down randomly, during intense usage and while idle. There’s no error or blue screen when I boot up again. It had been working fine for over a year and then it started happening. My first guess was of course the power supply, which had been almost ten years old. I updated the bios, and when that didn’t work I replaced the old PSU. I thought it would be fine but it continued to shut down. I eventually replaced the motherboard, CPU, and RAM to no avail. I’ve used three different GPUs and still had the same issue. Sometimes it will run fine for over 24 hours, sometimes only 30 minutes. When it is left powered off, unplugged or not, it seems to last longer. I have no idea what could be causing this, I’ve heard of display port cords causing it, but I’ve used a card with VGA, DVI and HDMI and no luck. Again most of these parts are new. I have tested it at several locations so it’s not my power source. I even replaced the case and this curse will not leave me

TRENDING THREADS