[SOLVED] Pc shuts down at random

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nem95

Prominent
Mar 6, 2019
Not sure if it’s linked to power supply but my pc has been shutting itself down at random and I dunno how to work out what the problem is as I know there could be many factors

Solution
I have crystaldisk downloaded and it is saying caution on the one hardrive in yellow and it’s yellow on REALLOCATED SECTORS COUNT could this have anything to do with the system shutting off at all and does this mean I need a new hardrive ?
Uninstall the Corsair iCUE software let me know of that stops it. My PC has started shutting down at random and when I removed the software it stopped. OK goto the installation folder and find the vc_redist. x86 file and install it from there. Should fix the issue

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
So with no gpu and other gpu it is still restarting, changed psu as well leaves little. Think then it might be motherboard that somehow can't handle higher loads, maybe power transfer there is messed up. Cpu is last thing i would think about.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
so the 50 gig is old remove it from system and use whocrashed to see if you have any minidump files the other thing use glary utilities and see how it report the the device on first page then go to sensor tab check temp and start the log option so when crash comes on we could see if it was a temp issue .

Nem95

Prominent
Mar 6, 2019
I have crystaldisk downloaded and it is saying caution on the one hardrive in yellow and it’s yellow on REALLOCATED SECTORS COUNT could this have anything to do with the system shutting off at all and does this mean I need a new hardrive ?

Jul 24, 2020
Uninstall the Corsair iCUE software let me know of that stops it. My PC has started shutting down at random and when I removed the software it stopped. OK goto the installation folder and find the vc_redist. x86 file and install it from there. Should fix the issue

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.