Question PC shuts down at random

Oct 21, 2023
Hi, my partner's PC has the following specs:

Don't mind the awfully high MB temp, it isn't actually that hot.

Anyhow, the system runs fine about 90 percent of the time. She plays games, does work in Photoshop and uses it for video and surfing. I've run benchmarking programs several times and the 1080 stays within a reasonable 75 max and usually sits at 61 to 65 during playing so I',m pretty sure the issue isn't to do with that. CPU temps also seem fine, with no extreme spikes. But sometimes it just shuts down, and it can be while idling or while playing. There's no warning and I've yet to find anything in the event viewer logs. Sometimes it does start up and is very loud straight away, fans all ablaze, and usually that's a telltale sign that it will quit shortly after. This is only during startup sometimes, after it's been left cold overnight. I'm sensing no excessive heat at all during startups or through prolonged use.

Do you guys have any ideas? I don't have the finances to take it to the shop to get looked at. I'm thinking to replace the PSU, but I'm yet to do that.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Oct 21, 2023
CPU: Intel Core i5 11600KF @ 3.90GHz
Motherboard: ASRock B560M-ITX/ac
Ram: G.Skill 16gb DDR4 3200
SSD/HDD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
PSU: not checked yet, will update. it's a be quiet Pure Power 11 600w
BIOS Version: P1.90

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023
Checked the PSU now, it's a be quiet Pure Power 11 600w.

Should I go ahead and buy a new PSU and see if that sorts it? I've set the XMP to auto now and will try to run the PC, as I have heard of some crashes running a XMP profile but I don't know honestly