Question PC Shuts Down displaying weird green lines

SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
- Specs :

- AMD FX 8350 4.2 Ghz

- GPU : AMD Radeon R7 250 2Gb (Never overclocked)

- 8gb of RAM DDR3 1600MHz

- ASUS M5A78L LE USB 3.0

- 500 W Power Supply

- 1TB 7200Rpm Disk

My PC has been getting this weird green lines displaying on the screen and then shuts down. i only have it when playing Battlefield 3.
It makes a noise like "BRRRRRRRRRRR" and then shuts down.
Ive been searching and found nothing.
If u can help me , i would be super glad. Thanks (y)

Its a cheap PSU i dont think it even as a name bought it with the Case , the PSU+Case was like 30 Euros

IMO, then this might be the culprit, if that's a no-name local brand generic PSU. Open the ATX cabinet, and check the PSU's label, if possible. Please don't cheap out on the PSU. Grab yourself some high quality PSU, instead of risk frying all other PC components in the long run.

PSU is the MOST important component. Period. On 30 EUROS it's hard to get a high quality decent GAMING PSU, including the cabinet which also came with it.

Ok so i just found the PSU Brand : its called B-Move 500W Bulk Series 120mm

http://www.b-move.es/en/product/500w-bulk-series/20/

Ouch ! Never heard about this brand/company before, but it does look like a very low-end generic PSU (entry level). Replace this PSU ASAP. Do not power the video card anymore, by using this particular unit. I'm skeptical of the build quality of this power supply brand.

Reactions: SopduGOW

SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
Ouch ! Never heard about this brand/company before, but it does look like a very low-end generic PSU (entry level). Replace this PSU ASAP. Do not power the video card anymore, by using this particular unit. I'm skeptical of the build quality of this power supply brand.
So the problem of the graphics card might be the Power Supply ? i think it can also be a bad capacitor , but yeah i was thinking to replace the PSU and now im sure i have to do it asap , also what PSU do you recommend me ?

So the problem of the graphics card might be the Power Supply ?

I can't say for sure 100%, but what if the PSU has done some damage to your Video card, and took it out, so that's why you are getting green lines/artifacts ? It may or may not to be directly related, but using that PSU unit is NOT recommended for gaming PCs. Also, the PSU might be unable to provide the desired voltage/amp needed by the Video card.

But before buying a new PSU, check the card on some other system, if possible.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
yeah but the thing im in doubt is the problem of the GPU is related to the PSU?

It might very well be related to PSU failing to provide the card with constant clean DC volts/amps.

The green lines might indicate a problem with the graphics card but the sound your described and then shutting down makes the PSU a more probable culprit. More so because it's a generic unit not a quality unit from a reputable manufacturer.

Even if the OEM is a half-decent company when a branding company approaches a not-so-great OEMs and asks them to design/build a 500W PSU with one third of the cost it takes to make a good one the result is not good.

SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
I can't say for sure 100%, but what if the PSU has done some damage to your Video card, and took it out, so that's why you are getting green lines/artifacts ? It may or may not to be directly, but using that PSU unit is NOT recommended for gaming PCs.

related, but But before buying a new PSU, check the card on some other system, if possible.
Yeah i will bring the PC to the PC Store and see what they can do about this , definitely going to buy a new PSU 80+Gold or something related i think its good enough , thanks for the help guys! appreciate it

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Glad to help, no problem. Get a good quality unit and if not sure check on internet or ask here.

The 80+ thing is an efficiency standard and it means the PSU is complying with efficiency standards and this does not necessarily mean a top-quality unit. There are many 80+ gold units out there from known brands but their design/build quality is not the best. It's better to get a 80+ gold PSU than a 80+ bronze one IF it's a good model from a reputable manufacturer built by a good OEM.

SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
Glad to help, no problem. Get a good quality unit and if not sure check on internet or ask here.

The 80+ thing is an efficiency standard and it means the PSU is complying with efficiency standards and this does not necessarily mean a top-quality unit. There are many 80+ gold units out there from known brands but their design/build quality is not the best. It's better to get a 80+ gold PSU than a 80+ bronze one IF it's a good model from a reputable manufacturer built by a good OEM.
yep thanks for the tips!

SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
You better change that PSU m8. That's not a quality unit.
Yeah for what u guys told me i better change the PSU ASAP , i was thinking to do it before this post becouse i think my CPU isnt getting enough power from the PSU resulting in fps loss compared to the PSU i had before wich was powering all the components about right

SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
When gaming I would expect that GPU to reach 50°C to 60°C. There has been at least five engineering revisions of the GIGABYTE GV-R725OC-2GI. That indicates that there is a serious design flaw in that card. What card revision do you have?
I didnt understand very well , how do i check what card revision i have?

SopduGOW

Reputable
Jun 13, 2017
Yeah for what u guys told me i better change the PSU ASAP , i was thinking to do it before this post becouse i think my CPU isnt getting enough power from the PSU resulting in fps lost compared to the PSU i had before wich was powering all the components about right
Yeah for what u guys told me i better change the PSU ASAP , i was thinking to do it before this post becouse i think my CPU isnt getting enough power from the PSU resulting in fps loss compared to the PSU i had before wich was powering all the components about right
btw my previous PSU was a Mars Gaming MP600 600W , and it lasted quite a bit actually. about 3/4years

I didnt understand very well , how do i check what card revision i have?
GIGABYTE-GV-R725-OC-2-GI.jpg