[SOLVED] PC shuts down during gaming

Dec 30, 2020
During gameplay my computer sometimes shuts down. For example I am playing valorant or the witcher 3 and all of a sudden the video input is gone and the pc reboots. It also happened during diablo 3 today.

So far I have updated windows, updated my gpu drivers, did a factory install of my GPU drivers, performed a windows memory test and disabled CPU overclock. All of these have delivered no results. I thought it might have been my PSU no being able to deliver power high power draw from my GPU but this also wasn’t the problem since I upgraded to a new 750W gold psu.

I’m kinda clueless what to do next...

System:
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Powercooler red devil 5700 XT
RAM: 4x8 gb of 3200mhz
Psu: corsair 550 cx
mobo: msi gaming plus max b450
Storage: kingston a2000 m.2 ssd

I also stress tested my PC (CPU and GPU at the same time), results:

View: https://imgur.com/a/0Qui5mb

Solution
You can test this by reducing the power limit to the GPU using MSI afterburner. If it fixes the restarting then you know that is what is causing it.
During gameplay my computer sometimes shuts down. For example I am playing valorant or the witcher 3 and all of a sudden the video input is gone and the pc reboots. It also happened during diablo 3 today.

So far I have updated windows, updated my gpu drivers, did a factory install of my GPU drivers, performed a windows memory test and disabled CPU overclock. All of these have delivered no results. I thought it might have been my PSU no being able to deliver power high power draw from my GPU but this also wasn’t the problem since I upgraded to a new 750W gold psu.

I’m kinda clueless what to do next...

System:
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Powercooler red devil 5700 XT
RAM: 4x8 gb of 3200mhz
Psu: corsair 550 cx
mobo: msi gaming plus max b450
Storage: kingston a2000 m.2 ssd

I also stress tested my PC (CPU and GPU at the same time), results:

View: https://imgur.com/a/0Qui5mb
Which make and model of PSU do you have?

Dec 30, 2020
You can test this by reducing the power limit to the GPU using MSI afterburner. If it fixes the restarting then you know that is what is causing it.
So I just tested this, if I lowered the power consumption limit to -15% then there were no crashes. So I guess it thats the problem. You got any tips on what to do next? Get a really good psu?