[SOLVED] PC shuts down or cuts power including boot loops ?

Sep 12, 2021
Hi everyone!

I've read as many of the shut down/ power cut threads I possibly could but I am now at a loss. I really don't know what to do.

My old system:
I5 467
8gb RAM (unsure which)
Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
ASRock Mainboard
630w thermaltake psu
Define R5

My old system was running fine but I decided to upgrade the outdated system to:
Ryzen 9 5900x
32GB RAM quad channel
Same Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
Msi b550 Tomahawk
Same 630w thermaltake psu
Same Define R5
Same harddrives

Why am I writing this thread?
I replaced my old motherboard with the new one. Everything was working great for a month or so until I found my system running in the morning. It started up by itself. I didn't think much of it but after using it for a while it shutted down with window's "shutting down" screen. I attempted to restart but the system was caught in a boot loop, I cut power after 2 minutes. The next day the system was running but shutting down again. I thought that my power button on the case was faulty so I disabled it in windows. This fixed the issue but now instead of shutting down, the system cut power.
I reinstalled my old system and it worked fine for 3 days, so I sent in the new system for a replacement. When I returned from the postal service my old system had the exact same problem as the new one. I researched the issue and bought a new PSU like many threads suggested.

New PSU: bequiet dark power 700w

Since then everything worked fine until I received the new system again with the cpu being replaced. Installed the new system again and after two days I had the same Issue again. Like last time, disabling the power button in windows only switched the problem to cutting power.

Memtest86 also cuts out unexpectedly, so I think windows can be ruled out as the issue.
Temperatures are fine for cpu and psu.

The only components that are being used in both systems are case, gpu and the harddrives.

My personal take on the issue is that the problem might be the case, but does this really make sense.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas!

Edit: I updated all drivers and BIOS while researching the problem, didn't help

Sep 12, 2021
Go to admin command prompt, type powercfg –lastwake , it will show you the last thing that woke your computer up.

This was really helpful!
Basically it was powered on normally, I have now plugged in the reset switch as a power button and everything is working normally. I'll close this question if it keeps working in 3 days.

TRENDING THREADS