[SOLVED] PC Shuts down randomly! Tried almost everything!

Haydosity

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015
Hi all

I've read through similar posts on this forum and I can't seem to find someone with my exact issues.
I play a lot of League of Legends and very rarely get any issues with drivers crashing and pc restarts (however it can happen). However, almost without fail, upon launching games like Valorant or Warzone my PC shuts off completely and restarts one to two times within 5 minutes. After the one or two restarts the PC is usually fine to continue gaming. Sometimes the PC doesn't turn back of after restarting and I have to turn it off at the PSU and wait for the interior light to turn off before turning it back on. In addition to this, the GPU Drivers can crash multiple times per minute.
I've had this issue for a long time and I have even replaced the PSU at the discretion of a computer part store owner from a 550w to a 650w. This didnt work. The PC is currently in use so if you think its a PSU issue I can wait until its idle to check.
All voltages and temperatures of the CPU and GPU are well within normal also.
All cords and pins have been double checked and reset.

Could this be a driver issue? Is there a program that I can use that can help diagnose this issue? The event viewer almost always just states "The PC shutoff unexpectedly.
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F
Video Card: Radeon Pulse RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600
PSU: Thermaltake Smart BX1 650W (230V) - PS-SPD-0650NNSABA-1

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I posted this once before but got 0 replies in months so here I am again:)

Solution
Hi all

I've read through similar posts on this forum and I can't seem to find someone with my exact issues.
I play a lot of League of Legends and very rarely get any issues with drivers crashing and pc restarts (however it can happen). However, almost without fail, upon launching games like Valorant or Warzone my PC shuts off completely and restarts one to two times within 5 minutes. After the one or two restarts the PC is usually fine to continue gaming. Sometimes the PC doesn't turn back of after restarting and I have to turn it off at the PSU and wait for the interior light to turn off before turning it back on. In addition to this, the GPU Drivers can crash multiple times per minute.
I've had this issue...
Hi all

I've had this issue for a long time and I have even replaced the PSU at the discretion of a computer part store owner from a 550w to a 650w. This didnt work. The PC is currently in use so if you think its a PSU issue I can wait until its idle to check.
All voltages and temperatures of the CPU and GPU are well within normal also.
All cords and pins have been double checked and reset.

Could this be a driver issue? Is there a program that I can use that can help diagnose this issue? The event viewer almost always just states "The PC shutoff unexpectedly.
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F
Video Card: Radeon Pulse RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600
PSU: Thermaltake Smart BX1 650W (230V) - PS-SPD-0650NNSABA-1

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I posted this once before but got 0 replies in months so here I am again:)
you could try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall the gpu driver using ddu (clean and do not restart)
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart pc to bios and update the bios (download the file, extract it, copy the folder you extracted to flash drive, plug the flash drive on top rear motherboard, and find bios flash menu and find the folder, and proceed flash the .cap file, wait and let it restart), then go to bios after update and load default/optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, and go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced power plans. you may now connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. install them all (and reboot if required).
*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1.

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution

Haydosity

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015
  • Uninstall the gpu driver using ddu
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart pc to bios and update the bios (download the file, extract it, copy the folder you extracted to flash drive, plug the flash drive on top rear motherboard, and find bios flash menu and find the folder, and proceed flash the .cap file, wait and let it restart), then go to bios after update and load default/optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, and go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced power plans. you may now connect to internet.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. install them all (and reboot if required).
*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1.

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
This is awesome! Will be trying this ASAP and will let you know on the results. Really appreciate this

Reactions: Koekieezz

Haydosity

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015
  • Uninstall the gpu driver using ddu (clean and do not restart)
    unknown.png

unknown.png
Okay, So I tried all of this step by step.
My PC was running fine.
And then the first game I got into (Bloodhunt) my PC just stopped working and froze up. Not even holding the power button turned it off....

DSzymborski

Titan
Have you ever tested this with a PSU of enough quality to run an extremely power-hungry/spiky GPU? Looking at the previous thread, you upgraded from an old, junky, inappropriate PSU to a newer, junky, inappropriate PSU. Though newer is a bit of a misnomer; most of Thermaltake's "Smart" PSUs are cheaply-built Sirfas from a decade ago with RGB lights slapped in.

Haydosity

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015
Have you ever tested this with a PSU of enough quality to run an extremely power-hungry/spiky GPU? Looking at the previous thread, you upgraded from an old, junky, inappropriate PSU to a newer, junky, inappropriate PSU. Though newer is a bit of a misnomer; most of Thermaltake's "Smart" PSUs are cheaply-built Sirfas from a decade ago with RGB lights slapped in.
Interesting! I was told by the bloke that this PSU would be MORE than sufficient to run my hardware. I'm going to upgrade right now and I'll come back when it arrives and test it out!:)

Interesting! I was told by the bloke that this PSU would be MORE than sufficient to run my hardware. I'm going to upgrade right now and I'll come back when it arrives and test it out!:)
Here, that psu Tom’s put on tier D “Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems”

Haydosity

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015

Hmmm I did all the steps again and still no success, even the edited part.

UPDATE: I bought an Corsair RM750 PSU and installed it and it worked perfectly for about two days! However, I am starting to crash again. My PC randomly turns off and graphics drivers crash. I feel like I have tried everything....