[SOLVED] PC shuts down randomly with fans running full speed

NoobxCamper

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
I just built a new computer and I'm encountering a problem that I haven't encountered before, my PC would shut down randomly and then all my fans would spool up to full speed and stay like that until I either restart using the restart button or do a hard shut down. I've never experienced this when playing demanding games like Star Citizen, it actually happens more often when I'm just surfing the internet.

I have also been noticing that my CPU is running a little hot on idle, even with a 360mm AIO. Core Temp says my minimum is 36c and max is 54c. The temperature would gradually keep going down then a second or two later it will spike up by 10-15c, I get the same results with Ryzen Master and HWMonitor. My previous CPU (i5-6600k) with a 140mm AIO was consistently running ~23c on idle.

My CPU is running on stock voltages/clocks and I reapplied the thermal paste on my AIO. I'm not sure if this is a heat related issue.

Edit:
I checked my windows logs and I found logs for every time this happened, attached pics.

Screenshots

Specs:
Ryzen 7 3800X ~3.9 GHz
Corsair Vengeance 3000 mhz (OC)
Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO
RTX 2070S
850W PSU
Asus B450 Gaming

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for five passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than five passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for five passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than five passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the USB and await reboot.
end canned rant

Solution

TRENDING THREADS