PC shuts down when gaming.

borabygames

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
Windows 8.1 AMD A6-3670 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.70 GHz / AMD Radeon R7 200 Series RAM 4.00 GB

Whenever I run WoW or another intense game, my tower gets loud and the computer screen goes black, computer sounds like it's still running and I have to restart it to turn it back on. Temp2 gets up to 96C and GPU 62C. RPM is up to 5,000 on Fan 1.

When just browsing the Internet or the computer is simply on, there are no issues.

Graphics card? Power supply unit? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Solution
It sounds like either a faulty or weak power supply or an overheating issue. 96C is incredibly high, if you want to see if heating is the likely culprit you can remove the side of your case and see if it improves, also pointing a house fan into the case can help bring temps down quite a bit.

nroslm

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
It sounds like either a faulty or weak power supply or an overheating issue. 96C is incredibly high, if you want to see if heating is the likely culprit you can remove the side of your case and see if it improves, also pointing a house fan into the case can help bring temps down quite a bit.

Solution