Question PC shuts down when I connect 2 vdg cables

Oct 13, 2021
Good afternoon, I have a B550M AORUS ELITE and I'm trying to connect 2 VDG cables to the Motherboard, but when I do that the PC doesn't turn on, only if I remove 1 VDG.
Any light?
Note: The motherboard is new, less than 1 month of use.

Oct 13, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What are you connecting?

This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550m-aorus-elite_e_1101.pdf

[Do verify that I have identified the correct User Manual.]

Where/how are you making or trying to make the VDG connections?

Reference the User Manual as necessary - physically numbered Page 13.

Thanks for answering.
Correct Manual. I'm using Windows 11 at the moment.
I'm trying to connect a VDG cable from the FANS controller and another VDG cable from another controller (this one came with the case with the fans pre-installed).
I use a 400w power supply from Corsair and I think that might be the problem, but I'm not sure if this will be solved with a more powerful power supply!
Ryzen 5600x + COOLER BOX
16GB RAM
GTX GALAX 1650
7 FANS

Ralston18

Titan
How old is the Corsair PSU?

I found two GPU power requirements regarding the PSU size: one "suggested" 250 watts and another listed 300 watts.

Very likely that that 400 watt Corsair PSU is not up to the task of supporting the full system especially at some peak gaming load.

All the more so if the PSU is old and has been heavily used for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining.

Is is possible for you to borrow a higher wattage PSU for testing?

If so that would be a good starting point. Remember: do not mix and match in power cables between the old PSU and the test PSU.

Oct 13, 2021
How old is the Corsair PSU?

I found two GPU power requirements regarding the PSU size: one "suggested" 250 watts and another listed 300 watts.

Very likely that that 400 watt Corsair PSU is not up to the task of supporting the full system especially at some peak gaming load.

All the more so if the PSU is old and has been heavily used for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining.

Is is possible for you to borrow a higher wattage PSU for testing?

If so that would be a good starting point. Remember: do not mix and match in power cables between the old PSU and the test PSU.
I was already thinking about putting a 650w also from Corsair. I currently use a VS400, it's not even 2 years old.

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately, chronological age is not a good gauge to go by.

Many products now have a designed in EOL (End of Life) that determines how long a product may last. Heavy use only shortens the life span.

And very likely that you, as have many people, have likewise experienced some product failure just after the warranty runs out....

Before buying - start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Use two or three of the calculators to size the wattage requirements.

Do your own manual calculation as well. If a component has a wattage range - use the high end wattage value. Once totaled - add 25% or so.

Key is to reach a consensus on the wattage requirements of the host system. Then purchase accordingly.

Oct 13, 2021
Unfortunately, chronological age is not a good gauge to go by.

Many products now have a designed in EOL (End of Life) that determines how long a product may last. Heavy use only shortens the life span.

And very likely that you, as have many people, have likewise experienced some product failure just after the warranty runs out....

Before buying - start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Use two or three of the calculators to size the wattage requirements.

Do your own manual calculation as well. If a component has a wattage range - use the high end wattage value. Once totaled - add 25% or so.

Key is to reach a consensus on the wattage requirements of the host system. Then purchase accordingly.
Thanks for the help, I already knew that one time I would need to change. But no problem, it really happens.