Question Pc Shuts down when i stress test with aida

Jul 4, 2019
Components:
Ryzen 5 1400(stock clocks)
Sapphire rx 580 nitro+ 8gb
8gb ballisticX sport lt (2666 at stock V)
Msi B350 Gaming Plus
Be Quiet 550w 80 plus PSU
Masterbox Lite 5 run

The pc seems to boot up fine,loads up the software and I can launch some files,but when I stress test it shuts down more specifically:
Aida 64 Extreme
Cpu(stress cpu,fpu,cache):Run for 3:53 minutes then shut down
Gpu(Stress gpu):Run for 5:01 minutes then shut down
Ram:Run for 2:37 minutes then shut down
Hdd:Run for 4:15 minutes then shut down
(I couldn't hear any coilwine during any of the tests)
Should mention that this happened while I was playing a game(warframe),it shut down then when turned on again I got a msg from watman saying all watman settings were restored.I had tested the pc and it was stable when I had it oced and I had that oc for 2 months at least,no problems.

Jul 4, 2019
Welcome to the forums?

What are CPU and GPU temps like at idle and under load (gaming / stress test)?
Gpu maxes out at 78C under gaming/stressing and cpu maxes out at 80C while stressing.But now after a few shutdowns it won't even power on,it just flashes the fan and mobo lights for half a sec and then no response.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Those temps are not as high as to cause thermal throttling and shut down.

Not POSTing from the get go might indicate a faulty PSU.

Shutdowns under load (gaming or stress testing) also can point to a faulty or insuffcient PSU. Wanted to see how the temps are before talking about the PSU.

Do you have another PSU available to test the system?

Jul 4, 2019
Those temps are not as high as to cause thermal throttling and shut down.

Not POSTing from the get go might indicate a faulty PSU.

Shutdowns under load (gaming or stress testing) also can point to a faulty or insuffcient PSU. Wanted to see how the temps are before talking about the PSU.

Do you have another PSU available to test the system?
Unfortunately I don't have a spare one atm,I am ruling out parts atm.Only cpu mobo and psu are connected atm and still only flashing.will try disconnecting the cpu power to see if I get anything.Also maybe you know,if the psu fuse is meant to be white,not like a burnt white, but an even white across the whole thing.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I'm not sure I get this: "The PSU fuse mean to be white". Are you asking if it should be white or not? Depends on the fuse type.

Also have you opened up the PSU casing? If so, be careful as main capacitors can retain dangerous levels of charge for a while even if PSU is unplugged from AC source.

Can you upload a good-quality/high-resolution picture of this fuse on Google Drive or Dropbox ... and post a link here?

Jul 4, 2019
I'm not sure I get this: "The PSU fuse mean to be white". Are you asking if it should be white or not? Depends on the fuse type.

Also have you opened up the PSU casing? If so, be careful as main capacitors can retain dangerous levels of charge for a while even if PSU is unplugged from AC source.

Can you upload a good-quality/high-resolution picture of this fuse on Google Drive or Dropbox ... and post a link here?
No I haven't opened it,it is visible from the back of the psu,I could take a pic and send a link.Give me a few mins

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
No I haven't opened it,it is visible from the back of the psu,I could take a pic and send a link.Give me a few mins

OK, as it is better to leave working on components like PSUs to trained professionals.

That one you can see is probably the one on the input of the PSU and those fuses are cylindrical in shape (with metal tips/caps on both ends) some have glass bodies (transparent) and some have ceramic bodies (usually white).

Eeasiest way for determining whether the the PSU is causing the issue here is replacing it with a known good/working PSU and testing the system. Determining if the PSU has a blown fuse or had failed is better left to a professional. As the system is relatively new if the PSU is faulty and is still under warranty you can go through the warranty process with seller or Be Quiet to have it replaced.

Jul 4, 2019
OK, as it is better to leave working on components like PSUs to trained professionals. That one you can see is probably the one on the transient input of the PSU and those fuses are cylindrical in shape (with metal tips/caps on both ends) some have glass bodies (transparent) and some have ceramic bodies (usually white).

Eeasiest way for determining whether the the PSU is causing the issue here is replacing it with a known good/working PSU and testing the system. Determining if the PSU has a blown fuse or had failed is better left to a professional. As the system is relatively new if the PSU is faulty and is still under warranty you can go through the warranty process with seller or Be Quiet to have it replaced.
Any indications the mobo could be of fault?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

That looks like a ceramic fuse and it seems intact from what is visible. If it is indeed a ceramic it is supposed to look like that.

Any indications the mobo could be of fault?

I think first it's better to determine if the PSU is working or not. Connecting another PSU to the PC would show that. If it doesn't work with another working PSU either it might be the motherboard. In the meantime I would unplug the PSU and try reseating power connectors from PSU to motherboard and CPU and check again.

Should I try jumping the psu? outside of the system?

That would mean the PSU can start but doesn't show if all rails are working properly.

That fuse looks like its soldered onto the motherboard, so you wouldn't be changing that in a hurry.

If you can Jump it, at least it will be a start.

But before you start doing all this stuff, have you stripped your PC down to bare minimum?
Disconnect ALL drives, 1 stick of RAM installed
Reset BIOS
turn on.

Jul 4, 2019
That fuse looks like its soldered onto the motherboard, so you wouldn't be changing that in a hurry.

If you can Jump it, at least it will be a start.

But before you start doing all this stuff, have you stripped your PC down to bare minimum?
Disconnect ALL drives, 1 stick of RAM installed
Reset BIOS
turn on.
Have tried with only mobo and psu.Disconnected the cpu power and had only mobo and psu.Had the same flashing

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I jumped the psu,but there is nothing happening when I do it the psu fan doesn't even move and a fan I connected afterwards to molex didn't move too

As suspected the PSU is no more. You have to replace it under warranty or better yet I suggest getting a good quality 550-W from Tier 1 or 2 from here.

Although you can have it checked with a professional as it might be a blown fuse, the same white one, and replacing it might fix the PSU. Although there might be something wrong with it which caused the fuse to blow in the first place.

I hope it hasn't messed anything else up.

Jul 4, 2019
As suspected the PSU is no more. You have to replace it under warranty or better yet I suggest getting a good quality 550-W from Tier 1 or 2 from here.

Although you can have it checked with a professional as it might be a blown fuse, the same white one, and replacing it might fix the PSU. Although there might be something wrong with it which caused the fuse to blow in the first place.

I hope it hasn't messed anything else up.
I will try and borrow a psu from a friend to test the rest of the components